Atheism (1,358)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why Are You Atheists So Angry? Greta Christina Skepticon 4

" Why Are You Atheists So Angry? Greta Christina Skepticon 4.. because they're newbies ; )~ then they live life to the fullest like any fre…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

7 Jul 17
Reply by Michael Penn

Atheism growing? Depends on where and what the questions are.

Long article, highlighting the  differences in polling around the  world and how fine grained the poll questions are http://www.science20.…

Started by jay H

3 Jul 15
Reply by Michael Penn

Millennials leaving church in droves, study finds

This is encouraging news: Released Tuesday, the survey of 35,000 American adults shows the Christian percentage of the population dropping…

Started by Steph S.

41 Jul 13
Reply by Grinning Cat

Nontheists only?

I am new to this site and I find it disturbing that no theists are allowed to be on this site. Shouldn't all be welcome so we can truly lea…

Started by Drew Brennan

127 Jul 11
Reply by Melanie

An Atheist In the Rapture

Suddenly all hell broke loose in the sky. i dropped my frappe and looked up. "oh sh--!" I started to say, but I didn't finish the expletive…

Started by Allen Dudley

2 Jun 19
Reply by Allen Dudley

A Theology of Atheism?

This opinion piece in this morning's NYTimes suggests that atheists, to become more acceptable to the public, need a common belief system:…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

16 Jun 2
Reply by Michael Penn

why Obama is a good potus - he's probably atheist

admittedly, he wasn't a particularly qualified candidate for President.  Obama was a first term senator with limited political capital.  th…

Started by matthew greenberg

21 Jun 1
Reply by tom sarbeck

What pigeon hole can we put you in?

I just finished reading this and although the author acknowledges that there can be more than one descriptive per person, I still don't lik…

Started by Ceil

15 May 28
Reply by Michael Penn

New Atheists Fatal Arrogance

Sean Illing, a non-believing free lance writer and graduate student in political theory at Louisiana State University, has written a critic…

93 May 19
Reply by Idaho Spud

Encouraging statistics on affiliation

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/pew-religion-surveu-christians-americans-117847.html?hp=l2_4 It appears that Americans are becoming…

16 May 14
Reply by Loren Miller

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service