Atheism (1,352)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone know when and where Teddy Roosevelt called Tom Paine dirty (or filthy) little atheist?

I've found references to this quote in many sources and websites but not a single citation as to when and where the comment was made.

Started by eric stone

10 Feb 22
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Anyone know when and where Teddy Roosevelt called Tom Paine dirty (or filthy) little atheist?

I've found references to this quote in many sources and websites but not a single citation as to when and where the comment was made.

Started by eric stone

0 Feb 11

Started by eric stone

0 Feb 11

Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra

I live about two miles from the Omni Resort where the Chopra Center now has its headquarters. It is an expensive resort where tennis and go…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

33 Feb 7
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Without god what's to stop me from raping all I want? Penn Jillette answers

I love this quote from Penn Jillette and a wonderful interview. The question I get asked by religious people all the time is, without God,…

Started by Steph S.

84 Feb 5
Reply by Steph S.

E. O. Wilson interview on reducing the role of religion.

E. O. Wilson gave an interview about his recent book The Meaning of Life in which he said that it would be beneficial to reduce and elimina…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

8 Jan 29
Reply by tom sarbeck

Pope: "Catholics shouldn't breed like rabbits"

He's been in the news a lot.  But then, as the emperor of a vast realm with more than a billion people, I guess he should be. 

Started by Daniel W

26 Jan 22
Reply by Patricia

US atheist organisation demands apology after Alabama university chancellor sends out video about importance of religion for democracy

Anyone hear about this in the news? What are your thoughts about it? Atheists in the US are demanding an apology from a university chance…

Started by Steph S.

14 Jan 18
Reply by Freethinker31

The founder of Christianity was a plagiarist and an admitted liar

Why is it so difficult to admit the writers of the Bible were shady characters? It's not really a big claim. The hierarchy of religion has…

Started by Bill_Hicks_Worshipper

9 Jan 15
Reply by Bill_Hicks_Worshipper

Dogmatic atheism?

How outspoken should we be relating to atheism? If a fellow atheist doesn't agree with you on certain aspects of atheism, do you dismiss th…

Started by Deidre

618 Jan 12
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service