Ethics & Morals (574)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is there something wrong with an atheist booth at a gay pride event?

In my local atheist group we have discussed setting up a booth at the local gay pride day event to get some new members- the logic behind i…

Started by Heather

76 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by Randi Enochson

Police Investigate Anglican Church

Anglicare (the charity wing of the Anglican Church in Australia) gets $50 million per year from the Government on the proviso that the mone…

Started by Michael

4 May 30, 2010
Reply by Jaume

Should I take advantage of a nice Christian man?

So my mom hired a plumber through the Leaven paper (a local paper written by the archdiocese of Kansas City) and the guy was really nice an…

Started by Rucareanu Valentin

31 May 28, 2010
Reply by John D

Humane Society of the US "Faith Outreach" Program

I recently found out about the Humane Society of the US's "Faith Outreach Program," which you can read more about on their website:http://w…

Started by Justin Van Kleeck

0 May 24, 2010

Nun Excommunicated for Suggesting Abortion

http://jezebel.com/5540802/nun-excommunicated-for-suggesting-abortion Sister McBride (ironic last name for a nun) was on an ethics committ…

Started by mojo5501

6 May 20, 2010
Reply by mojo5501

YOUR MARLBOROS... AND CHILD LABOUR IN MALAWI

Unreported World: Tobacco's Child Workers I have just watched this documentary on British Channel4, and was so moved I simply had to share…

Started by Agatka Radwańska

4 May 15, 2010
Reply by Martin Allen

The extinction of species - an argument for the morality of atheism

PART ONE - Facing the prospect of the extinction of our species Most of us can face up to our individual mortality. We're each one of us g…

Started by Martin Allen

6 May 14, 2010
Reply by Stephen Moore

WAIT Abstinence Program

I had to start an abstinence only program yesterday, and that drives me nuts. The program talks nothing of contraceptives, and speak about…

Started by Garrick McElroy

55 May 11, 2010
Reply by Nick Carpenter

Atheist Richard Dawkins on absolute morality

When a young theist asks how an atheist can decide between right and wrong when the atheist has no absolute morality, Dawkins doesn't talk…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 May 10, 2010
Reply by Goz

Ask yourself, what would Jesus do?

... and then presumably go and do it.Well, apparently Jesus would get himself hanged on a cross to absolve the sins of others. So, Christia…

Started by Martin Allen

23 May 9, 2010
Reply by Michelle

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service