Family and Community (615)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sponsers for Reason Rally 2016

Here is a list of sponsers, so far. I think it would be cool if one more was added.  :-)  Just sayin...

Started by Daniel W

2 Mar 8
Reply by Daniel W

Towns & Places with Largest Numbers of Atheists? In USA or countries where US residents can emigrate?

Literally had the door of my house smashed to bits with an axe by a local Xian couple today!  This was provoked by my sitting alone at home…

Started by L Ross

37 Feb 14
Reply by jlaz

Submission: Part 1 - by Theo van Gogh/Ayaan Hirsi Ali

Started by Joan Denoo

1 Feb 12
Reply by Joan Denoo

Is Religion like Baseball?

So here's a train of thought I wanted to try out.  I was watching some of the Mr. Deity pieces.  I totally love the one titled "Mr. Deity a…

Started by B.K.

9 Jan 15
Reply by Grinning Cat

That meeting was valuable but even just listening to the prayer part I felt sick and angry

I will keep going back to these meetings for adult children of alcoholics. There was an opening prayer and then each took a turn reading a…

Started by Kelly

8 Jan 11
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

A Singer's Dilemma

I sing baritone with a 55-member chorus in the Barbershop Harmony Society. Every year the chorus celebrates the Christmas season with a pro…

Started by Glenn Kersten

54 Jan 1
Reply by Glenn Kersten

I made my mom think; I wonder what the backlash will be? XD

Last night my mother and I had a long talk about my cousin. Brief explanation: My cousin is very ill physically and won't see a doctor. She…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

3 Dec 31
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

My cousin is losing her mind and there's nothing I can do.

If you don't want to hear me vent, don't read this. Simple as that. :) Last night my fundamentalist Christian mother and I had a long talk…

31 Dec 26, 2015
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

Good YouTube videos about morality sans religion

I'm having a Facebook conversation with my fundamentalist Christian nephew. He started his argument with the predictable "we can't be moral…

9 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Happy Thanksgiving, Atheist Nexus!

Here we are, Thanksgiving 2015.  For the USA Nexus members, Happy Thanksgiving!  For the members around the world, Australia, Africa, Europ…

Started by Daniel W

16 Nov 27, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service