Philosophy (315)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does job loss form an equivalent to cannibalism in the mind of a fired financial professional?

The movie "Soylent Green" is not to be overlooked in this era of the "educated professional choosing suicide, and worse" and such behavior…

Started by Clarence Dember

7 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Clarence Dember

FREE WILL

Do you believe that humans have free will?  I don't.  I have yet to hear compelling arguments for the existence of free will~ prove me wron…

Started by Park Bierbower

80 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Laura

Philosophical backgrounds

Started by Johnsky

1 Apr 16, 2011
Reply by Johnsky

Epistomology, the "faith" argument and the atheism

One of the rather trite and desperate arguments often trotted out by Christians is that atheism or more specifically skepticism based on re…

Started by Dennis Smith

14 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Lorryslorrys

Happy Birthday Rene Descartes!!

Born 1596.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Started by Ken

0 Mar 31, 2011

Human Rights and God go hand in hand according to Glenn Beck

I was watching the news last night and they had a segment where Glenn Beck talks about how there must be a God, otherwise where do we get…

Started by Ivan Reyes

34 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by paul babcock

philosophy experiments

a friend recently directed my attention towards this website which i found to be quite interesting.     and well, i wanted to share it. i h…

Started by Hidden in the crowd.

1 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by John D

Philosophic suggested reading?

As one of those knowledge sponges I was wondering if anybody had some recommend reading, so far under my belt I've read most of European ph…

Started by Leon

14 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Keith Sewell

Axiomatical Argument for the Non-Existence of God by Zephyrous

Christians often proclaim that God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are three different manifestations of the same entity. They attempt to conve…

Started by Zephyrous

1 Feb 10, 2011
Reply by John Camilli

Post-Foundationalism???

Hey, have any of you heard of this? It seems like a poor attempt to say "reality is whatever I want it to be." At the same time he tries to…

Started by Dustin Sanders

2 Jan 30, 2011
Reply by Jacob Gladden

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service