Philosophy (322)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When does Atheism become Anti-Theism?

Because my conviction that religion and the belief in a god predispose people to do bad things, I now think that I should take my atheism i…

Started by Eric Tawney

18 May 23, 2011
Reply by Eric Tawney

As an Atheist, how do you deal with it? It's definitely, definitely the hardest thing for me. I think about how crappy it is to have a mot…

Started by Jezzy

231 May 19, 2011
Reply by Jameer Logan

Happy Birthday Bertrand Russell (b. 1872)

British philosopher, prolific author, and general academic, Bertrand Russell was born today in 1872.  One of my favorite philosophers and a…

Started by Ken

0 May 18, 2011

Agora debate

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 May 16, 2011

Happy Birthday David Hume (b. 1711)

Scottish philosopher and general skeptic.  Author of numerous books including: Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion and A Treatise of Huma…

Started by Ken

5 May 15, 2011
Reply by Ken

Did Jesus Exist?

I see this question asked a lot in this forum. Is it possible to get a discussion going where we can put this question to bed once and for…

Started by Nyabingi Kuti

29 May 13, 2011
Reply by Matt VDB

A Thoughtful Review of Atlas Shrugged

I know. I am a naive fool, and about to get whalloped by posts that usually go on for pages with little of value actually being discussed.…

Started by Michael Smith

3 May 9, 2011
Reply by Hiram

Does job loss form an equivalent to cannibalism in the mind of a fired financial professional?

The movie "Soylent Green" is not to be overlooked in this era of the "educated professional choosing suicide, and worse" and such behavior…

Started by Clarence Dember

7 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Clarence Dember

Do you believe that humans have free will?  I don't.  I have yet to hear compelling arguments for the existence of free will~ prove me wron…

Started by Park Bierbower

80 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by Laura

Philosophical backgrounds

Started by Johnsky

1 Apr 16, 2011
Reply by Johnsky

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service