Politics (1,806)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Let's Look More Closely at Candidates for Office

Recent news has shown us that embarrassing or shaming some American business people might be impossible. In some cases only the certainty o…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Sep 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

Making corporate buying of politicians secret from shareholders

Over Elizabeth Warren's Objections, Republicans Move To Help Corporations Hide Their Political Spending screen grab from the video As lawma…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

2 Sep 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

What Else But The Debate (near midnight on 09/26)

I'd heard enough of Trump's lies and didn't want to hear more so I busied myself elsewhere. Later I heard MSNBC's talking heads summarize i…

Started by tom sarbeck

13 Sep 29
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Trump can't even abide by the rule of a debate

Trump claims he is the LAW and ORDER candidate but showed last nite that he can't even abide by the rules of a debate to let his opponent s…

Started by eric stone

6 Sep 29
Reply by Loren Miller

Even Democrats Vote to Override Obama's Veto -- Almost Unanimously

This morning--Sept. 28, 2016--Congress votes to override an Obama veto. Google "Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act" (JASTA) for comm…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Sep 29
Reply by tom sarbeck

Bill Moyers: Presidential Election Debates Are Highly Flawed, Biased at Outset

Moyers gives a good background on US Presidential debates, describes why it was clear a generation, or two generations ago, that the corpor…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

3 Sep 22

How many of you despise Edward Snowden?

This may be my first political post in this forum.  Expect to get beat up by some of my U.S. friends on this one. People used to despise Da…

Started by Russell Pangborn

600 Sep 18
Reply by tom sarbeck

"When You Turn an Election into a Three-Ring Circus, There's Always a Chance That ...

... the Dancing Bear Will Win." So says Nancy Isenberg in her NYT Best Selling White Trash, The 400-Year History of Class in America. And w…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 Sep 16

Clinton worldview fail

Naomi Klein's cogent article "We’re out of time on climate change. And Hillary Clinton helped get us here" makes the Democratic primary cho…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

9 Sep 14
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Should Five-Year-Olds Be Taught That They're Hellbound Sinners?

OK, for anyone but zealots and sadists, this should be a rhetorical question, but sadly for Portlanders this summer, it wasn’t. The Child E…

Started by Bertold Brautigan

34 Sep 14
Reply by Michael Penn

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service