Politics (1,838)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Horrible Idea: Trump’s Push for Stop-and-Frisk Nationwide

A Horrible Idea: Trump’s Push for Stop-and-Frisk Nationwide Remember those days, long, long ago, when we were taught that this was a nation…

Started by Joan Denoo

28 Oct 12
Reply by Grinning Cat

Lying. Trump and our kids.

Do we want our kids to learn how to lie brazenly and make audacious excuses like Mr. Trump?  This should be a major consideration not only…

Started by eric stone

3 Oct 10
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Who is the Alt-right?

A Guided Tour of the Racist ‘Alt-Right,’ by the Trump Campaign Chief’s Website Breitbart News, "the platform for the alt-right" makes it cl…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

7 Oct 6
Reply by Grinning Cat

Personhood for rivers and coroprations

In the US, corporations have legal status and rights of citizens, without the danger of execution or jailing that actual persons face for b…

0 Oct 1

Let's Look More Closely at Candidates for Office

Recent news has shown us that embarrassing or shaming some American business people might be impossible. In some cases only the certainty o…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Sep 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

Making corporate buying of politicians secret from shareholders

Over Elizabeth Warren's Objections, Republicans Move To Help Corporations Hide Their Political Spending screen grab from the video As lawma…

2 Sep 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

What Else But The Debate (near midnight on 09/26)

I'd heard enough of Trump's lies and didn't want to hear more so I busied myself elsewhere. Later I heard MSNBC's talking heads summarize i…

Started by tom sarbeck

13 Sep 29
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Trump can't even abide by the rule of a debate

Trump claims he is the LAW and ORDER candidate but showed last nite that he can't even abide by the rules of a debate to let his opponent s…

Started by eric stone

6 Sep 29
Reply by Loren Miller

Even Democrats Vote to Override Obama's Veto -- Almost Unanimously

This morning--Sept. 28, 2016--Congress votes to override an Obama veto. Google "Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act" (JASTA) for comm…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Sep 29
Reply by tom sarbeck

Bill Moyers: Presidential Election Debates Are Highly Flawed, Biased at Outset

Moyers gives a good background on US Presidential debates, describes why it was clear a generation, or two generations ago, that the corpor…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

3 Sep 22
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service