Politics (1,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

SENATE GOP ATTEMPTS TO DERAIL IRAN TALKS WITH OPEN LETTER

The United States along with other countries is now engaged in talks with the government of Iran in an attempt to halt Iran's nuclear devel…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

38 Mar 22
Reply by Chuck Roast

Russia thinks it's the new Rome

Several days ago, in Russia there has been circulated a clip named “I, russian occupier” which recorded over 3 million views in just a…

Started by Bizu

8 Mar 17
Reply by Vangelis

Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore's son arrested ........AGAIN

Roy Moore refuses to obey Federal laws and his son refuses to obey state laws. Caleb Moore was arrested today for possession of marijuana a…

Started by roland707

2 Mar 17
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Will Idaho be the first Officially Christian State?

I don't think so.  There's that thing called "The United States Constitution". Of course, my county in highly secular Washington state…

Started by Daniel W

22 Mar 15
Reply by Bill_Hicks_Worshipper

Giuliani and patriotic chauvinism

Last week the former mayor of New York questioned whether the President loves America, painting him as an alien spirit who does not share t…

6 Mar 14
Reply by Lillie

Open letter to 47 republicans from Iran

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/low_concept/2015/03/an_open_letter_to_47_republican_senators_from_iran_s_hard_liners_we_hav

Started by matthew greenberg

9 Mar 13
Reply by Michael Penn

Our rights come from God?

In an interview with Chris Cuomo of CNN Judge Roy Moore of Alabama argued that our rights come from God, not from the Constitution. Peter W…

38 Mar 9
Reply by Christopher Lowe

Oklahoma State Senator Joseph Silk, Demonstrates His Homophobia

Oklahoma State Senator Joseph Silk is sponsoring  the “Oklahoma Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 2015" which allows business and shop o…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

9 Mar 9
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

President Obama and Religion

I don't usually voice my disapproval of President Obama too much or too loudly.  But in this case, I believe I have no choice.  Here is a r…

Started by Michael Lackey

15 Mar 2
Reply by Michael Lackey

Clark Cnty WA: Council voted DOWN "In god we trust" / EDIT

Surprised the hell-out-a-me when I learned this.  I first read about it on the friendly atheist.  From the Columbian article linked abov…

Started by Daniel W

30 Mar 1
Reply by Freethinker31

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service