Science (622)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Bangers Are Getting Desperate.

With good reason. They're finding it increasingly difficult to make the universe obey their math. Like the theocrats in Galileo's time who…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 Nov 27
Reply by tom sarbeck

Cracks in the foundation?

Is the foundation crumbling?Speed-of-light results under scrutiny at Cernhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484AndEarly Res…

Started by Jan deBoer

3 Nov 26
Reply by tom sarbeck

The Biblical Universe Vs The real Cosmos.

Why do majority still believe and adhere to the fairy-tale concept of the universe, while science and common sense prove otherwise? The God…

Started by Danladi Dele Agbeyo

8 Nov 26
Reply by Thomas Murray

Dinosaurs in the News!

In China, construction workers blew up some bedrock and uncovered an entirely new species of feathered dinosaur.  Very pretty if the illust…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

5 Nov 15
Reply by Michael Penn

The Cylons are Here. Sort of.

My favorite sci fi series is the remake of Battlestar Gallactica.  The story begins with an interplanetary society that fought a past war a…

30 Nov 5
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Changing Dogmas Is Easier Than Giving Up The Need For Dogma, OR Former Theists May Be Less Cognitively Able To Understand Science

Inspired in part by the ancient Chinese curse: May you live in a time of change. The cognitive ability of former theists depends on at leas…

Started by tom sarbeck

7 Nov 2
Reply by tom sarbeck

People who beleive in god are less cognitively able to understand science

According to a telegraoh article reporting on a study in Helsinki, beleivers are less able to understand science. http://www.telegraph.co.…

109 Oct 31
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Need some advice on a statistical test for a book

I am writing a book on atheism's defense of the Enlightenment and would like to test statistically whether the percent of Roman Catholics o…

Started by eric stone

2 Oct 24
Reply by eric stone

Did homo sapiens stopped evolving 6,000 years ago?

That was what my son's 7th grade teacher told his science class. I was even more dismayed when my son told me this as a certain and ind…

Started by Thomas Murray

66 Oct 7
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Attack on Science and Humansim

How the Attack on Science Is Becoming a Global Contagion Christian Schwägerl warns that rejection of science is spreading, and the crises o…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

8 Oct 5
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service