Science (614)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Genetics of Belief

The Genetics of Belief Faith communities at their best add immeasurably to the storehouse of human well-being. Works of charity, celebratio…

Started by Joan Denoo

11 1 hour ago
Reply by Thomas Murray

what we really have to fear is exaggerated fear itself.

Looking through the prism of the panics at J.F.K., L.A.X., and elsewhere, one might conclude that what we really have to fear is exaggerate…

Started by Joan Denoo

1 yesterday
Reply by Thomas Murray

The Big Bang Has Died But Governments Move Slowly So Don't Look for the Obits This Year

The 2014 PBS video Particle Fever provides some spoken evidence. The script again and again has characters saying, in varying words, the La…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 on Friday
Reply by Michael Penn

Has anyone succeed in producing one species of accumulation of micromutataions?

I came across this image (attached) and I know there is evidence for evolution out there but what about micromutataions? I am not a scienti…

Started by EhhmmmWha

7 Aug 14
Reply by Joan Denoo

Atheists Think about What We Believe, Don't We?

Here are four websites that will supply you with both food for thought and eye candy.http://www.plasmacosmology.net/https://www.thunderbolt

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Aug 9

Gregor Macdonald the TerraJoule newsletter

"Keiser Report" Episode 946 an interview with Gregor MacDonald, Editor of TerraJoule.  Gregor MacDonald, Editor of TerraJoule. If the U.S.…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Jul 29

A Thought From An Acquaintance About Cancer

Guest column: 'Moonshot' for curing cancer to take political will This guest column was written by Karol Lagodzki of Bloomington, who is in…

Started by greyfoot

1 Jul 18
Reply by Michael Penn

Dark Times for Science

The 7 biggest problems facing science according to 270 Scientists

Started by Russell Pangborn

2 Jul 15
Reply by Loren Miller

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," according to Justice Louis Brandeis's famous case for free…

Started by Joan Denoo

3 Jul 4
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

"It's the Best Explanation We Have." "Is It Really?" "But I Believe!"

Ten thousand years ago, gods are the best explanation for everything. In the day they give light so people can see what they do, and in the…

Started by tom sarbeck

11 Jun 29
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service