Science (622)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," according to Justice Louis Brandeis's famous case for free…

Started by Joan Denoo

3 Jul 4
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

"It's the Best Explanation We Have." "Is It Really?" "But I Believe!"

Ten thousand years ago, gods are the best explanation for everything. In the day they give light so people can see what they do, and in the…

Started by tom sarbeck

11 Jun 29
Reply by tom sarbeck

Anyone know of an "emergent phenomenon" that now has been explained on simpler principles?

It's been my impression that things that were called emergent years ago have now been explained on the basis of simpler principles. For exa…

Started by eric stone

17 Jun 23
Reply by John Elder

Real_PeerReview

I put this in science, but it's also kind of political. For the past 4 months or so an anonymous Twitter account (Real_PeerReview) featured…

Started by jay H

0 Jun 18

Speaking in Tongues: Demonstrating the power of hypnotic suggestion.

Having been involved in the Pentecostal pseudo-Christian movement and studying the phenomenon of Glossolalia ( babbling in tongues, thinkin…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

5 Jun 15
Reply by Michael Penn

Retraction watch: Papers originally claiming Conservatism associated with psychotic traits had their data wrong

Widely quoted for a while until some researchers called them on statistical errors. Now the conclusions are reversed ... http://retractionw…

Started by jay H

0 Jun 12

Putting the science of Harry Potter’s universe to the test

Rapid bone growth and underwater breathing: Putting the science of Harry Potter’s universe to the test Posted: 27 May 2016 06:09 AM PDT In…

Started by Qiana-Maieev

9 May 28
Reply by Qiana-Maieev

Farmer Led Regeneration

Africa Farmer Led Regeneration "Published on Nov 16, 2015. In 2013 World Vision Australia won a "Land for Life" award from the United Natio…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 May 22

anyone know what kind of spider this is?

found dead in my bathtub.  Is it a dangerous species?

Started by eric stone

2 May 12
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Climate Change is Altering How the Poles Drift Published: April 8th, 2016

Climate Change is Altering How the Poles Drift Published: April 8th, 2016 It seems the planet dances creating changes that impact life in m…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Apr 13

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service