Science (641)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Transhumanism, the future is right around the corner

I don't know how the rest of you view death but it's one of my deepest and biggest fears. I don't want to die. This fear led me to researc…

Started by Sebastian Roderick Portelli

36 Nov 26, 2008
Reply by BADWOLF

Extinction at an Alarming Rate

Global warming may take second chair in global environmental concerns as the case for mass extinction strengthens. Biologists at UC Santa B…

Started by Skylar

0 Nov 11, 2008

When Galaxies Collide or Yet Another Reason to Save Hubble

Article and original image here - http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/science/hst_img_20081030.html

Started by Skylar

1 Oct 31, 2008

THE SINGULARITY

If you're not familiar with this topic, I suggest reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity In a nutshell, the singu…

Started by Undo

29 Oct 4, 2008
Reply by Joshua1080109

Horizon: The President's Guide to Science

Full video here kindly posted by Evilgenious20. Oh where to begin? Shallow, vacuous, presumptuous, pretentious crap. What the hell was t…

Started by Paul

7 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Evilgenius20

Building blocks of life are found 700 light years from Earth

By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 6:16 PM on 19th September 2008 Organic molecules that may have provided the foundations of life hav…

Started by Skylar

2 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by LeaT

How Long Would It Take LHC to Defrost a Pizza?

From SCIAM Forget black holes. Here's the real question about the Large Hadron Collider: How fast could it defrost a pizza? The forward t…

Started by Skylar

2 Sep 12, 2008
Reply by Doug

Animal Pharm

There have been a documentary series on BBC I think (I dunno if it was BBC since Sweden had imported it) called Animal Pharm. It's basicall…

Started by LeaT

0 Sep 10, 2008

Defend Science initiative

Forwarded Notice: To Defend Science signatories: We want to let everyone know that we are publishing a quarter page ad in the New York Ti…

Started by Richard J. Collins

0 Sep 8, 2008

Supernovas and Periodic Tables

HowStuffWorks.com recently surprised me with a video describing how stars and the death of a star (also known as a supernova) produces all…

Started by Adrian

2 Aug 25, 2008
Reply by Adrian

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service