Science (639)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

When Galaxies Collide or Yet Another Reason to Save Hubble

Article and original image here - http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/science/hst_img_20081030.html

Started by Skylar

1 Oct 31, 2008

THE SINGULARITY

If you're not familiar with this topic, I suggest reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity In a nutshell, the singu…

Started by Undo

29 Oct 4, 2008
Reply by Joshua1080109

Horizon: The President's Guide to Science

Full video here kindly posted by Evilgenious20. Oh where to begin? Shallow, vacuous, presumptuous, pretentious crap. What the hell was t…

Started by Paul

7 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Evilgenius20

Building blocks of life are found 700 light years from Earth

By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 6:16 PM on 19th September 2008 Organic molecules that may have provided the foundations of life hav…

Started by Skylar

2 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by LeaT

How Long Would It Take LHC to Defrost a Pizza?

From SCIAM Forget black holes. Here's the real question about the Large Hadron Collider: How fast could it defrost a pizza? The forward t…

Started by Skylar

2 Sep 12, 2008
Reply by Doug

Animal Pharm

There have been a documentary series on BBC I think (I dunno if it was BBC since Sweden had imported it) called Animal Pharm. It's basicall…

Started by LeaT

0 Sep 10, 2008

Defend Science initiative

Forwarded Notice: To Defend Science signatories: We want to let everyone know that we are publishing a quarter page ad in the New York Ti…

Started by Richard J. Collins

0 Sep 8, 2008

Supernovas and Periodic Tables

HowStuffWorks.com recently surprised me with a video describing how stars and the death of a star (also known as a supernova) produces all…

Started by Adrian

2 Aug 25, 2008
Reply by Adrian

External Supernatural Being?

Ok, first you should read this: Q: If information has to come from a Mind (God), then where did God come from? Who made God? A: Asking "W…

Started by Marc Sacks

5 Aug 24, 2008
Reply by LeaT

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service