Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,120)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What is God?

Today a friend asked me "What is God?"  Honestly I was completely stumped and the conversation went elsewhere. Later in the day I attempt…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

12 on Wednesday
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Child abuse in Scotland.

Started by Patricia

12 Sep 15
Reply by Patricia

God Exists...as an Idea.

We can go round and round about the existence of god but for me the existence of a supreme being is doubtful and the notion that this supre…

Started by Chuck Roast

1 Sep 15
Reply by Chuck Roast

History of Religiosity Here ?

I'm just curious to see if most Atheist Nexus members are formerly religious people that became disillusioned by doctrine.  I did not grow…

Started by John Dumaker

19 Aug 27
Reply by John Dumaker

How to deal with a believer?

I'm an atheist, obviously since I am here, but I have a big problem.  I can't argue with believers. Often they are christians since I live…

Started by Aria Royce

19 Aug 20
Reply by P.

Is Christianity on its way out and Islam on the way in?

Recent surveys suggest that the westernized nations are steadily becoming more secular, good news for most of us. On the other hand, third…

15 Aug 18
Reply by Joan Denoo

Fossil Fuel Roots of Evangelist Climate Denial

How Fossil Fuel Money Made Climate Change Denial the Word of God This lengthy background analysis lays out how fossil fuel corporations ben…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

11 Aug 13
Reply by Michael Penn

Is the word agnostic a cop-out ?

I have heard many an atheist claim that is the case. Indeed I am sometimes guilty of using that word to describe myself in place of atheist…

Started by John Dumaker

40 Aug 7
Reply by Michael Penn

Christian doctrine, Jesus sacrifice didn't work?

I have not found any reference to one New Testament peculiarly. Christian doctrine says that Jesus was sacrificed for our sins so we can g…

28 Jul 26
Reply by Joan Denoo

Do theist really, truly believe?

One thing I noticed as a Christian even as a child was that church seemed to be far more of a social club than a place of learning or ac…

22 Jul 9
Reply by Jerry McMasters

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service