Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,062)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Standards

Why is it that God is allowed to hold humankind to an unfair and unrealistic set of standards and rules that no-one can possibly achieve or…

Started by Paul T. Bennethum

5 Jun 11, 2010
Reply by Gerald Scott

Holywater on teacher follow up and pope going deep

she was talking about (with her students and herself?) about the Haiti earthquake and pat robertson saying the Haitians did a deal with dev…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jun 11, 2010

Different Aspects of Christianity-in different parts of the world

I wondered about the different call on to prayers. Or rather who/which is called on for in prayers and in every day talk. In south Germany…

Started by morrison

0 Jun 11, 2010
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

Faith Healing Nonsense

We’ve got some pretty wacky Christians in Australia. Over at Christseekers Forum the Admin has made the following claims: * i have seen th…

Started by Michael

4 Jun 9, 2010
Reply by Goz

Funny thing happened yesterday

One of my bosses at work, who happens to be religious, said something to me about a band we hired to work at our hotel that evening. She th…

Started by Rucareanu Valentin

4 Jun 8, 2010
Reply by Jeffrey P. Murphy

The hamtramck "Call to prayer" incident in Michigan

about 6 years ago  "CALL TO PRAYER CAME INTO EFFECT OVER LOUD SPEAKERS" they claimed freedom of religion and also about the catholic church…

Started by michael piusinski

1 Jun 6, 2010
Reply by Tony Minoldo

Moses wasn't the only one that is claimed to have parted a sea

As Thomas Paine pointed out in The Age of Reason, Alexander the Great was also claimed to have divine help in parting a sea.  In book 2 of…

Started by FreeThinker

6 Jun 5, 2010
Reply by FreeThinker

holy wars, minus one Catholic

Bishop Luigi Padovese, who was to meet the Pope in Cyprus, was stabbed to death at his home. His driver, Murat Altun, has been charged wit…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jun 5, 2010

Christians, Muslims and fellow atheists, was Mary a whore?

Hello all, christians and muslims both believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, isnt it possible that mary was having an affair and she accide…

Started by Closet Nigerian Atheist

57 Jun 5, 2010
Reply by Dheeraj

Crackers!!

PZ Myers is being targetted in a hate-mail campaign started by Bil Donohue, president of the Catholic League for Religious and civil rights…

Started by Pam

17 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by disbelief

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service