Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,123)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

More news from our religious communities

In québec, we've had a somewhat serious crisis over what place should be give to religions in various contexts. The reason for that is that…

Started by Sarutobi

5 Sep 15, 2008
Reply by Skylar

Should religion be banned?

The promotion of religion and religious theologyHas, and is, causing the deaths of so many people, and the oppression of many others, do yo…

Started by Mac Rex

11 Sep 13, 2008
Reply by Фелч Гроган

Transubstantiation: Is this not ritualistic cannibalism?

With magic words, a sip of wine and a nibble of cracker, Catholics believe that they are consuming the blood and flesh of their Zombie Boy,…

Started by Mac Rex

11 Sep 11, 2008
Reply by Mac Rex

The first of many?

There's a story on the BBC about the 'church' of scientology being sued for fraud. Anyone fancy taking on one of the big religions? I wonde…

Started by Simon Hancock

3 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Kidrahs

LoLo's Trip to the Museum!

Today I went to the Natural Science museum, and the special exhibit was The Dead Sea Scrolls. It wasn't what I expected to say the least. T…

Started by LoLo

5 Sep 8, 2008
Reply by LoLo

This is a little random...but:

The thing that bothered me the most about being a Christian when I was young, wasn't the idea of hell or sin or whatever. But it always pis…

Started by LoLo

12 Sep 5, 2008
Reply by LeaT

Circumcision: a tradition justified by religion

I just started my socialanthroplogy course today. I had to buy a compendium, as you all know, a studen'ts literature list tends to become m…

Started by LeaT

3 Sep 4, 2008
Reply by LeaT

The Kolbrin

Well I learned something new today.... Thanks to the uber stalker network that facebook is, I checked up on my crazy right wing fundamenta…

Started by LoLo

4 Sep 1, 2008
Reply by Falterer

A chilling reminder of the power of the extremist bigotry

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2668560761490749816 "Chilling undercover investigation into the influence of Saudi Arabian religio…

Started by Jaakko Wallenius

2 Sep 1, 2008
Reply by LeaT

Theism in school curriculums?

So, I'm going into my sophomore year of High School in a couple of days. One thing that I noticed in our freshman Global curriculum last ye…

Started by Kevin

18 Aug 26, 2008
Reply by Kevin

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service