Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,083)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Monotheism vs Polytheism

Isn't it funny how the big monotheist traditions laud how worthy thier concept of theism is while completely trashing polytheism, as if the…

Started by Blue Diamond

7 Apr 2
Reply by jay H

Psychiatrists add new mental disorder: Impositional Religiosity

Don't know how I missed this but psychiatry is finally realizing that religion is a major cause of mental illness (see below);"Despite vigo…

Started by eric stone

11 Apr 2
Reply by jay H

Atheism before the Enlightenment

Disbelieve it or not, ancient history suggests that atheism is as natural to humans as religion I'm accustomed to thinking about atheism ar…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

3 Mar 28
Reply by Michael Penn

Religion's claim to have the God-given right to rule over us

Many of us haven't realized that this claim often heard from the religious requires them to produce two kinds of indisputable evidence to j…

Started by eric stone

4 Mar 27
Reply by eric stone

Is Leonard Cohen really just selling religion in new updated wrapper?

Everytime I listen to one of this guy's songs it seems to me that the bottom line is belief is a good thing.  He is just selling religion i…

Started by eric stone

9 Mar 25
Reply by eric stone

So you think Pope Francis is a good guy? read this

"Many Catholics hope perhaps that the Argentine Pope's enormous popularity will reverse the flight of believers. Yet a good image appears n…

Started by eric stone

7 Mar 9
Reply by Jerry Wesner

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

30 Mar 8
Reply by Robert Matthew meade

Would They Have Died For A Lie?

The very nature of statements like "would they have died for a lie" wants you to believe that someone is asking followers of a religio…

Started by Michael Penn

10 Mar 2
Reply by Michael Penn

More American religious fascism

In God We Trust brazenly added to Police cars in Pekin, IL and the cops (American Stormtrooopers??) seem ready to defiantly stick it in our…

Started by eric stone

6 Feb 26
Reply by Michael Penn

Respecting Religion And Those Offended - Stephen Fry

Showing respect for someone or something that has no virtue, honesty, or credibility seems to me to be a waste of a decent emotion. Love is…

Started by Joan Denoo

21 Feb 15
Reply by Raven Style

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service