Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,034)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What do you think about Deism?

Hello, been off the forums for a bit. My grandmother died a few months ago, and she was sick for most of last year, so it's been a bad time…

Started by Deidre

243 Apr 16
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

How Much Money is Tied Into Churches/Religious Institutions?

For those that don't already know, I live in the southern US. I see a LOT of churches. Not so much catholic cathedrals but lots of smaller…

Started by George Kittrell

33 Apr 10
Reply by Patricia

Try all fiction.    Jesus died and his death and resurrection was attached to Easter/Ishtar which is originally a Spring fertility festi…

Started by Michael Penn

34 Apr 8
Reply by Patricia

Give Me That Old Time Religion

April Damn Fool, folks. Ditto for New Time religion, Now, back to the important stuff: my chocolate walnut ice cream sundae on wednesday,

Started by tom sarbeck

9 Apr 3
Reply by Michael Penn

The Greatest Story Never Told, by Neil Carter

Neil Carter, one of my favorite writers, offers thoughts on old bromides that plagued me back in the days of my helplessness. He writes cle…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 Apr 3
Reply by Gerald Payne

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 15 (March 2015)

After a hiatus, YouTube user "Religion Hurts Humanity" is back with yet another chapter on what religion has brought to our world.  This pa…

Started by Loren Miller

6 Apr 2
Reply by Loren Miller

Prayer can't hurt?

A customer of mine was discussing a pending surgery of a mutual friend of ours, stated that she would pray for him..... I replied that I d…

Started by Daniel W. Mylin

69 Mar 26
Reply by Joan Denoo

Are more Americans becoming disconnected with religion?

Are more Americans becoming disconnected with religion? Of course more citizens of the USA disconnect from religion. Just look around you i…

Started by Joan Denoo

18 Mar 25
Reply by Grinning Cat

Internet memes for atheists

My stepson found the following online: "I call my weed the Koran, 'cause when I burn that shit, I get stoned." "Having a religion is like…

Started by Alan Perlman

4 Mar 25
Reply by Alan Perlman

Giving Christians Constipation

Normally I use the Bible to screw with them but there are other good ploys.  The origin and compilation of the Bible is a good tact to tak…

Started by Chuck Roast

2 Mar 22
Reply by Chuck Roast

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service