Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,078)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

30 Mar 8
Reply by Robert Matthew meade

Would They Have Died For A Lie?

The very nature of statements like "would they have died for a lie" wants you to believe that someone is asking followers of a religio…

Started by Michael Penn

10 Mar 2
Reply by Michael Penn

More American religious fascism

In God We Trust brazenly added to Police cars in Pekin, IL and the cops (American Stormtrooopers??) seem ready to defiantly stick it in our…

Started by eric stone

6 Feb 26
Reply by Michael Penn

Respecting Religion And Those Offended - Stephen Fry

Showing respect for someone or something that has no virtue, honesty, or credibility seems to me to be a waste of a decent emotion. Love is…

Started by Joan Denoo

21 Feb 15
Reply by Raven Style

Mysteries Of The Bible Banned From The Bible

OH! My God, the longer I am away from believing in supernatural elements the farther out into lala land religion appears. What is that old…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Feb 13
Reply by Joan Denoo

The desire for immortality

Atheists often wonder at the refusal of theists to face the truth and to their ability to content themselves with a delusion unsupported by…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

19 Feb 11
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Does anyone have any reference to George Eastman's stipulation that no church be built on univ rochester

He gave major endowment to this university and I remember hearing that one of his conditions for the gift was that no church or place of wo…

Started by eric stone

0 Jan 29

Has Anyone Ever Asked Xians If Their Heaven's Residents Have Sex?

Last week I missed an opportunity to ask two extreme xians that question. One of them was nearing his hundredth birthday and was physically…

Started by tom sarbeck

12 Jan 28
Reply by Grinning Cat

How to protect your kids from religious bullies at school

Teach them how to fight back: If some kid threatens your kid with hell tell him/her to answer back: -Oh yeah, prove to me it's real!  Prov…

Started by eric stone

12 Jan 9
Reply by eric stone

The True Cross Of Jesus

Over the holidays I watched the TV program "Expedition Unknown" with Josh Gates. It explores lots of subjects that many of us have wonde…

Started by Michael Penn

22 Jan 5
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Loren Miller replied to Loren Miller's discussion Jesus vs Jeezus in the group Atheist Humor
14 minutes ago
Gary S replied to Loren Miller's discussion Jesus vs Jeezus in the group Atheist Humor
15 minutes ago
Gary S liked Loren Miller's discussion Jesus vs Jeezus
20 minutes ago
Loren Miller liked Loren Miller's discussion Fan.tasia – A Disney Mashup by Lindsey McCutcheon
24 minutes ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Hang With Friends
24 minutes ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Just watched the Clinton - Kaine interview on 60 Minutes. After last week, THAT was refreshing."
1 hour ago
jay H replied to Daniel W's discussion NPR on Tim Kaine
4 hours ago
Daniel W commented on Loren Miller's blog post In the Wake of the RNC
4 hours ago

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service