Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious (2,088)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is Leonard Cohen really just selling religion in new updated wrapper?

Everytime I listen to one of this guy's songs it seems to me that the bottom line is belief is a good thing.  He is just selling religion i…

Started by eric stone

9 Mar 25
Reply by eric stone

So you think Pope Francis is a good guy? read this

"Many Catholics hope perhaps that the Argentine Pope's enormous popularity will reverse the flight of believers. Yet a good image appears n…

Started by eric stone

7 Mar 9
Reply by Jerry Wesner

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

30 Mar 8
Reply by Robert Matthew meade

Would They Have Died For A Lie?

The very nature of statements like "would they have died for a lie" wants you to believe that someone is asking followers of a religio…

Started by Michael Penn

10 Mar 2
Reply by Michael Penn

More American religious fascism

In God We Trust brazenly added to Police cars in Pekin, IL and the cops (American Stormtrooopers??) seem ready to defiantly stick it in our…

Started by eric stone

6 Feb 26
Reply by Michael Penn

Respecting Religion And Those Offended - Stephen Fry

Showing respect for someone or something that has no virtue, honesty, or credibility seems to me to be a waste of a decent emotion. Love is…

Started by Joan Denoo

21 Feb 15
Reply by Raven Style

Mysteries Of The Bible Banned From The Bible

OH! My God, the longer I am away from believing in supernatural elements the farther out into lala land religion appears. What is that old…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Feb 13
Reply by Joan Denoo

The desire for immortality

Atheists often wonder at the refusal of theists to face the truth and to their ability to content themselves with a delusion unsupported by…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

19 Feb 11
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Does anyone have any reference to George Eastman's stipulation that no church be built on univ rochester

He gave major endowment to this university and I remember hearing that one of his conditions for the gift was that no church or place of wo…

Started by eric stone

0 Jan 29

Has Anyone Ever Asked Xians If Their Heaven's Residents Have Sex?

Last week I missed an opportunity to ask two extreme xians that question. One of them was nearing his hundredth birthday and was physically…

Started by tom sarbeck

12 Jan 28
Reply by Grinning Cat

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

Loren Miller posted a status
"John Hershel Glenn is gone. He flew to space twice and served brilliantly on Earth, and I wonder how many on this planet match up to him."
26 minutes ago
Compelledunbeliever replied to Compelledunbeliever's discussion A radically different look at theist/non-theist morality
49 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Goth joined Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group
3 hours ago
Goth liked Loren Miller's discussion Ning, Error 500s, and Whether to Migrate
3 hours ago
Idaho Spud commented on Daniel Wachenheim's group Godless in the garden
4 hours ago
Daniel Wachenheim commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
4 hours ago

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service