Water Cooler (2,516)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

L.A. film premiere cancelled after maker's anti-gay past revealed

This is a wierd story featuring movies, Islam, Los Angeles, homophobia, the Netherlands and American religious right-wingers. (Puzzle it ou…

Started by Hugh Kramer

3 Mar 25, 2010
Reply by Verne Baxter

The Simpsons war on religion

The upcoming episode, scheduled for Sunday March 28, sounds especially good.The Greatest Story Ever Doh'dWhen Homer is playing noisily in t…

Started by Tom Thompson

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Jim DePaulo

Which group will be number 700?

I just noticed that we have 699 groups on Nexus.  I wonder what Number 700 will be?

Started by Little Name Atheist

17 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Little Name Atheist

Supreme Court rejects 'Ave Maria' high school case. Justice Alito livid.

Kathryn Nurre, a high school senior, wanted to play "Ave Maria" at her graduation ceremonies. The school turned her down and she sued them.…

Started by Hugh Kramer

5 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by William van Druten

Papal visit to UK September 2010

Dear AllI was wondering if there are any demonstrations planned against the visit of Pope Benedict? He;ll be visiting Edinburgh, Glasgow an…

Started by Cliff Laine

1 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Loren Miller

This is effing unvelievable! And I'm sorry for the language!

I'm sorry for the language but this is fucking unbelievable. I'm usually a very calm person, but this makes me MAD!There is a plan to build…

Started by Dean Lang

5 Mar 24, 2010
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

The believers are going to outbreed us

Interesting book review in todays Sunday Times http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_reviews/article

Started by max koenig

31 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by Clarence Dember

In god We Trust MS-NBC poll

Please participate in this poll. When I did  there were only 11% in favor of taking "In god We Trust" off of our money.http://www.msnbc.msn

Started by Gold Guy

27 Mar 23, 2010
Reply by Gold Guy

Non-Believers Giving Aid

Haiti was rocked on 12 Jan 2010 by the largest earthquake ever recorded in the area. The earthquake had a preliminary magnitude of 7.0. As…

Started by chekuthan

1 Mar 22, 2010

You know how the religious always pray for victims of natural disasters...

Today there was a massive & devastating earthquake in the capital city of Haiti, Port-Au-Prince. While visiting a news site for informa…

Started by Medb of California

39 Mar 22, 2010

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service