Water Cooler (2,426)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Homophobia (again) in Wyoming

When my little home town of Wheatland, Wyoming gets publicity, it is usually the bad kind. This month is no exception. Our school board, sh…

Started by ungodlynews

3 Feb 3, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

US Air Force Academy Wiccan Center desecrated by Christians

The US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs CO, has had a long record of complaints about Christian bias and on the night of Jan. 17th, so…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Feb 3, 2010
Reply by Freedom of Anonymity

The Phylum Feast: A wierd way to celebrate Darwin's birthday!

Happy 201st this February 12, Chuck! One of the strangest ways some people will celebrate is with the Phylum Feast, a meal where the partic…

Started by Hugh Kramer

1 Feb 2, 2010

*WARNING* Spoiler alert! The Book of Eli; movie discussion for those who saw it

Has anyone seen The Book of Eli? Do not read this if you wish to see the movie, there are spoilers in here. I was trying to remain unbiased…

Started by Rayray

8 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by Rayray

Name a mountain after Ronald Reagan? The Devil you say!

Arthur Mijares, an Oakley California man and a devout Christian, wants to rename a mountain in Contra Costa county after the late presid…

Started by Hugh Kramer

8 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by Ian

Baby Boomers: What is your opinion of the Boomer generation?

Wikipedia on Baby Boomers.  I personally fall in the "second cohort", which wikipedia describes as "less optimistic, distrust of government…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

2 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

Supreme Court Ruling Spurs Corporation Run for Congress First Test of “Corporate Personhood” In Politics

http://www.murrayhillweb.com/pr-012510.html I put this in Water Cooler because it looks like satire. But it brings up an excellent area of…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

3 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Freedom of Anonymity

Wife says Ted Haggard is completely heterosexual

PZ Myers offered the ne plus ultra comment on this story already but I just couldn't resist adding my two cents worth.   Gayle Haggard,…

Started by Hugh Kramer

9 Jan 30, 2010
Reply by Loren Miller

Three random snapshots of 'hrrmmm, odd...'

I remember when a headline read "Pope blames atheists for global warming..." or was it climate change?Now this:I noticed this in regards to…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jan 29, 2010

James Randi said I can't call it 'shameless' self-promotion because it's redundant. So here: Watch my athiest/skeptical webseries. Please.

Can't really think of more fun way to post this than this topic. I've cross-posted this and I apologize for that, but I really feel that it…

Started by Adi Ashburner

2 Jan 28, 2010

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service