Water Cooler (2,443)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

*WARNING* Spoiler alert! The Book of Eli; movie discussion for those who saw it

Has anyone seen The Book of Eli? Do not read this if you wish to see the movie, there are spoilers in here. I was trying to remain unbiased…

Started by Rayray

8 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by Rayray

Name a mountain after Ronald Reagan? The Devil you say!

Arthur Mijares, an Oakley California man and a devout Christian, wants to rename a mountain in Contra Costa county after the late presid…

Started by Hugh Kramer

8 Feb 2, 2010
Reply by Ian

Baby Boomers: What is your opinion of the Boomer generation?

Wikipedia on Baby Boomers.  I personally fall in the "second cohort", which wikipedia describes as "less optimistic, distrust of government…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

2 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Tarquin St John Sh'gn'sty

Supreme Court Ruling Spurs Corporation Run for Congress First Test of “Corporate Personhood” In Politics

http://www.murrayhillweb.com/pr-012510.html I put this in Water Cooler because it looks like satire. But it brings up an excellent area of…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

3 Jan 31, 2010
Reply by Freedom of Anonymity

Wife says Ted Haggard is completely heterosexual

PZ Myers offered the ne plus ultra comment on this story already but I just couldn't resist adding my two cents worth.   Gayle Haggard,…

Started by Hugh Kramer

9 Jan 30, 2010
Reply by Loren Miller

Three random snapshots of 'hrrmmm, odd...'

I remember when a headline read "Pope blames atheists for global warming..." or was it climate change?Now this:I noticed this in regards to…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Jan 29, 2010

James Randi said I can't call it 'shameless' self-promotion because it's redundant. So here: Watch my athiest/skeptical webseries. Please.

Can't really think of more fun way to post this than this topic. I've cross-posted this and I apologize for that, but I really feel that it…

Started by Adi Ashburner

2 Jan 28, 2010

Goodbye J.D.

J.D. Salinger, author of “The Catcher in the Rye,” has died. He was 91-years-old. I felt like praying or something, when I was in bed, but…

Started by Howard S. Dunn

5 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Brandon Morgan

Ohio judge sued for pushing religion in court... again.

Americans United for Separation of Church and State has just filed a friend-of-the-court brief in the case of ACLU of Ohio v. DeWeese. T…

Started by Hugh Kramer

3 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Hugh Kramer

Got graphics?  Enter our logo design contest - $500 first prize!

Do you do graphics?  If so, the Center for Naturalism invites you to participate in our logo design contest, with cash prizes of $500, $250…

Started by Mike Layfield

3 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by Mike Layfield

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service