Water Cooler (2,444)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Join Us! Thanks-For-Giving Sunday, November 20 @ 12-8 CST

I just wanted to invite everyone over to Recovering from Religions Stream-a-thon, tomorrow, Sunday Nov. 20. This will be a live video event…

Started by Kelly

0 Nov 19

Religious diversity/tolerance education Pros and Cons

I have noticed occasional blurbs about a new trending religious diversity/tolerance based education popping up in the U.S.   My concern ab…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

2 Nov 18
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Do You Need The Universe To Have Had A Beginning?

Many if not all human societies have origin myths and they differ greatly. Several years ago a San Francisco-born-and-raised woman told me…

Started by tom sarbeck

72 Nov 16
Reply by Joan Denoo

Birthers now asking for acceptance

Its been funny and ironic to me over the last few days to see the Trump voters, a lot of them Birthers in my circles, tell the left they ne…

Started by Kelly

14 Nov 14
Reply by Kelly

HALLOWEEN AFTERMATH

Right after Halloween I asked a friend how her family faired through it this year. She said they took their son trick or treating and I…

Started by Michael Penn

27 Nov 5
Reply by Idaho Spud

How I met the Monster Lady

I frankly did not want to write about this but my daughter insisted that I did because she thought that it would be of interest to Athei…

9 Nov 3
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

How do mothers (usually) bring up boys to respect women as equals? Or not do so?

This is too big a topic for the discussion on Family, etc. and even for the discussion on Politics, so here it is in Water Cooler.... Here'…

Started by tom sarbeck

17 Nov 1
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

This Made Me Blow a Gasket - SPLC

The Southern Poverty Law Center has placed Ayaan Hirsi Ali on their anti Muslim extremist list. So their hate map and hate watch list equat…

Started by Russell Pangborn

9 Oct 28
Reply by Grinning Cat

Excused from jury duty on a moral issue, the Christian jurors didn't get it

Today I was called to jury duty for a attempted murder/sexual assault case. I noticed there were four Christians who made a point of their…

78 Oct 20
Reply by BenGee

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

647 Oct 16
Reply by Russell Pangborn

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service