Water Cooler (2,393)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Loud Voice Of Money!

Threatened with loss of Walking Dead, Georgia backs down on anti-LGBTQ law It wasn't the fear of The Walking Dead marauding on the stree…

Started by Qiana-Maieev

7 Apr 20
Reply by Jerry Wesner

"Don't talk Politics or Religion."

Advice, Always there's advice. But what's missing from that piece of advice?

Started by tom sarbeck

7 Apr 9
Reply by tom sarbeck

To Live in New York City is to Gamble

We're betting 1 to 1,000 that a pipeline /Nuclear Plant accident cascade won't wipe out New York City and its surrounds. A High-Pressure Pi…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

2 Apr 1
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

What's in a name? (If you are atheist BUT your given name has religious meaning)

I am one of those free-thinking individuals christened as "Dominique" -- ah, how godly indeed. I was baptized and confirmed at the age whe…

Started by Dominiq

101 Apr 1
Reply by Daniel W

Making the leap from psychic scams to religious scams

Looks like I wasn't the only letter writer to respond to an expose on psychics by ratcheting it up to religious scams which prey upon the s…

Started by Russell Pangborn

2 Mar 26
Reply by Daniel W

Keswick Ontario Ice Storm

Thought I would share this with my nexus friends. Woke up to a downed branch from my neighbor's birch tree stuck to my car. No power last n…

Started by Russell Pangborn

4 Mar 26
Reply by Russell Pangborn

Medical Ethics. Is It Another Name for Religion?

My experience with ethics boards has persuaded me that their members talk a lot about religious prohibitions on what professional folk (doc…

Started by tom sarbeck

14 Mar 14
Reply by The Flying Atheist

San Andreas Fault Outgassing

Correction March 2nd! NASA says it's instrument error. Here's the related Snopes article. Carbon Monox-Lies Take note if you live in the US…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

21 Mar 6
Reply by Donald L. Engel

"Were the people to rule themselves...

...they would create trust. May they ever have distrust for one another, for as our need for power hurries us on, fortune can give us no gr…

Started by tom sarbeck

6 Mar 4
Reply by Loren Miller

Impact of Spotlight winning Oscar?

How do you think the catholics are going to deal with the film Spotlight winning the Oscar? I haven't seen it yet but have heard extensive…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

3 Feb 29
Reply by Loren Miller

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service