Water Cooler (2,467)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

653 Mar 11
Reply by tom sarbeck

It's a Struggle between Those of Us with Empathy and Those of Us without Empathy

A search on the evolutionary origins of empathy took me to a Psychology Today article on the subject and we can say with some confidence th…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Mar 9
Reply by tom sarbeck

Anyone else think stuffs getting more crazy?

Look, I know in every generation they think its always getting worse than it was (which is rarely backed up by the data), But I'm curious,…

Started by BenGee

50 Mar 8
Reply by John Elder

An original poem... Grumpy Trumpy.

Started by Thomas Bear

0 Mar 7

Fake News

Got a featured letter in today's Toronto Star. Wrote it in reaction to an article about fake news Re: Two guys with laptops make gigabucks…

Started by Russell Pangborn

10 Mar 7
Reply by Thomas Bear

James Baldwin

Hi people, Last week, I learned of a famous name, James Baldwin. I have his "The Fire Next Time" and have not yet started on it. If you wou…

Started by Thomas Murray

4 Mar 3
Reply by Thomas Murray

Do idealists need to believe the world is better than it is?

While in college taking a course required for a teaching certificate, the instructor said that at age twelve kids start losing their youthf…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Feb 28
Reply by tom sarbeck

Focus on the family's response to my inquiry

I recently started a discussion in titled "I believe in the bible. Really? Which canon?" I sent out inquires to at least 20 websites that…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

14 Feb 26
Reply by Michael Penn

What Do Atheist Nexus Friends Do?

There are chat rooms, which I suppose I can join by clicking in one and typing a few words. And there's private messaging, which I have occ…

Started by tom sarbeck

25 Feb 16
Reply by BenGee

"...the infinite wisdom of the people...."

I heard a member of Congress say that soon after I started paying attention to politics and it angered me. I was naive (innocent) then. I…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Feb 15
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service