Water Cooler (2,338)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Haj deaths - tragic but hard not to laugh

I am listening to a radio discussion on the sad deaths at the haj pilgrimage. It is a talk about poor crowd management but everybody acts a…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

9 Sep 27
Reply by Daniel W

Nexus is my main source of social interaction so thought I would post this here. My area is filled with lakes and rivers draining into the…

Started by Daniel W

5 Sep 27
Reply by Daniel W

When Can Atheists Support A Person Who Prefers Dying to Living?

Many of us knew people who chose suicide or who accepted calmly their impending deaths. I would find it very hard tell someone I know that…

Started by tom sarbeck

18 Sep 23
Reply by tom sarbeck

Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!

I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D Just give a holler and let everyone know what area yo…

Started by Carrot Hare

1281 Sep 20
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Sex is Unnatural, Apparently

I never thought I'd read something like this, especially since religious extremists typically extol the "virtues" of breeding like rabbits,…

Started by Winston Jen

10 Sep 19
Reply by Winston Jen

September 23 doomsday conspiracies

Anybody heard of this stuff? Someone close to me, who is normally as skeptical and atheist as myself, is suddenly all worried about this th…

Started by roland707

18 Sep 10
Reply by tom sarbeck

Fundamentalism - hard not to be paranoid?

Hi there - here is a short clip from the BBC worth a watch. I guess the US has it fair view of nut jobs just on the other side of the lunac…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

4 Sep 5
Reply by Gerald Payne

Wayne Dyer dies at 75

The self-help guru Wayne Dyer who made millions from his best-selling books has died. He was diagnosed with leukemia six years ago, but was…

Started by Dr. Allan H. Clark

4 Sep 3
Reply by Daniel W

What are u listening to?

I looked under 'groups' and didn't see anything for music, or maybe I didn't scroll through the pages far back enough. I don't think I reca…

Started by Deidre

141 Sep 2
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Parents, guilt, and traveling alone

I am a man. I live alone. I have had problems with social anxiety for much of my life but perhaps I am doing better not. I have always felt…

Started by Michael Pianko

16 Sep 1
Reply by Daniel W

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service