Water Cooler (2,303)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are Anti-Religious Cartoons Hate Speech?

As everyone is probably aware of by now, a gathering in Garland, Texas (suburb of Dallas) was attacked by two gunmen, who were shot dead on…

Started by Pat

38 May 6
Reply by Joan Denoo

Nationalism Is A Form of Religion

I knew a guy who quit religion and after being in the Army became a super-patriot. I took a while to understand the change I saw and then t…

Started by tom sarbeck

131 May 6
Reply by tom sarbeck

BRUTALLY HONEST: Recent David 2 thoughts - including an open challenge

Have three recent BRUTALLY HONEST commentaries from my Atlanta-based friend David 2 for you to take a look at this week. First: The water s…

Started by Brent Feeney

0 May 4

The field of linguistics

-

Started by Michael Pianko

3 Apr 29
Reply by Patricia

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

347 Apr 19
Reply by Michael Pianko

Religion and Population in 2050. What is our role?

The Pew Research Center released a new report on expectations for religion in 2050.  It's not that far away, although if I am not fully dea…

Started by Daniel W

20 Apr 17
Reply by sk8eycat

Atheist Poetry Request

From Jonathan M.S. Pierce at SkepticInk: I am compiling an anthology of atheist and humanist called Filling the Void which presently has a…

Started by Peter White

0 Apr 17

The English Language's Two Best Uses: Poetry and Fraud.

It's good for poetry because it has so many synonyms with different shades of meaning. It's good for fraud because the shades of meaning ar…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Apr 17

Tax Day Phishing Frauds: the IRS doesn't say "Thank You"!

From PCMag: "Tax Day Frauds Steal Your Cash" http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2481380,00.asp Some folks wait until the last minute ...…

Started by Grinning Cat

4 Apr 15
Reply by Michael Penn

What are u listening to?

I looked under 'groups' and didn't see anything for music, or maybe I didn't scroll through the pages far back enough. I don't think I reca…

Started by Deidre

112 Apr 14
Reply by sk8eycat

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service