Water Cooler (2,423)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"I don't participate in discussions, or donate. Please visit my website / podcast / buy my book"

Curmudgeon time. From time to time, non-active members of Nexus will post about their website, or their book, or their podcast.  For the p…

Started by Daniel Wachenheim

16 Jul 14
Reply by Joan Denoo

Will 2016 be a modern remake of 1968?

1968 The year 1968 was filled with anger, violence, fear, action, reaction.  Corrupt politicians were using whatever means they could devi…

26 Jul 14
Reply by tom sarbeck

How-to Books Paved the Way for Science and Secularism -- An Essay by William Eamon at Aeon

This essay could go into science or atheism threads, but it seems of general interest too. Its author says that when the first ‘how-to’ boo…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Jul 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

god, the awful father figure

Born on this DAY: US JOURNALIST BARBARA G WALKER ON July 2, 1930, Barbara G Walker was born in Philadelphia. In early childhood, she had…

Started by Qiana-Maieev

4 Jul 3
Reply by tom sarbeck

I'm obsessed with English Definitions...

I know that this doesn't deal with religion, but about 6 months ago I wanted to start a list of words and definitions. I knew only a little…

Started by Atheists read the bible.

1 Jul 1
Reply by Thomas Murray

Sports and the whole thanking god thing - aargh!

I was watching the end of a rugby match between Ireland and South Africa. South Africa had an incredible comeback and the man of the match…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

14 Jun 28
Reply by Idaho Spud

From word of the day - pertains to us - nullifidian. New to me.

This word it new to me so thought I would share it. nullifidian PRONUNCIATION: (nuhl-uh-FID-ee-uhn)  MEANING: noun: An atheist: a person…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

1 Jun 23
Reply by Qiana-Maieev

Update. Orlando mass killer reported to frequent that nightclub and user of gay sex hookup apps

I dont know where these reports will lead. There is so much speculation on this horrible event, that jumping to conclusion is becoming an o…

9 Jun 18
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

FFRF asks NASA to withdraw large religious grant

June 9, 2016The Freedom From Religion Foundation wants NASA to revoke a grant in excess of $1 million to a Christian-focused religious inst…

Started by tom sarbeck

1 Jun 12
Reply by Loren Miller

Louisiana May Soon Require Schoolchildren to Say Their Rights Come From a “Creator”

Louisiana May Soon Require Schoolchildren to Say Their Rights Come From a “Creator” by Hemant Mehta It's bad enough that many Louisiana st…

Started by Qiana-Maieev

14 Jun 11
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service