Water Cooler (2,516)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trump is a racist

In the aftermath of today's terror attack in Barcelona, Spain, Trump tweeted about a reported event in the Philippines where Internet legen…

Started by Jonathan Simeone

6 Aug 18
Reply by Thomas Murray

My Thoughts on the Firing at Google

I've seen several conservative men say part of the problem is that not enough women are choosing to enter certain fields. The problem with…

Started by Jonathan Simeone

24 Aug 17
Reply by Jonathan Simeone

Post Traumatic Stress (PTS) Is Not A Disorder, It's How A Healthy Mind Protects Itself from FurtherTrauma.

No one sees the body's immune response as a disorder. A healthy body uses it to protect itself from infection. A weakened body (think HIV)…

Started by tom sarbeck

11 Aug 12
Reply by kathy: ky

Atheist confirmation bias....

I've been very careful in the last few years to beware of confirmation bias, this kept me a believer for many more years than necessary. T…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

14 Aug 10
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

False Media Views of Religion

What I am trying to do here is report something we see almost daily on TV about religious views that is false and yet we except it as tr…

Started by Michael Penn

6 Aug 6

Can Negative Thinkers Become Positive Thinkers?

I was looking again at a NYTimes article about turning negative thinkers into positive ones.  I liked that the article not only described t…

Started by Daniel W

47 Aug 6
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Conversations In A Resale Shop

Some call it a resale shop and others a Christian mission. The idea is to have items of need at a reduced price to help the needy. I go…

Started by Michael Penn

14 Jul 29
Reply by Michael Penn

"Your New Partner, If Found Too Soon After A Divorce, Will Be Much Like Your Former Partner."

New members of Singletarians heard that caution soon after they joined the large (400+ members) singles group that met weekly at the Phoeni…

Started by tom sarbeck

2 Jul 28
Reply by tom sarbeck

A priest, a rabbi, and an atheist (former Baptist / Catholic / "conservative" Gay) smoking marijuana...

8 minute video.  This discussion makes about as much sense as any other discussion with religious people.  Which is to say, not much.  But…

Started by Daniel W

8 Jul 22

Authority's Most Important Duty Is To Protect Itself!

"Of course!" I told myself. "And my most important duty is to question authority." A moment of remembering twelve years in Catholic school…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 Jul 17
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service