Water Cooler (2,454)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How I met the Monster Lady

I frankly did not want to write about this but my daughter insisted that I did because she thought that it would be of interest to Athei…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

9 Nov 3, 2016
Reply by Daniel W

How do mothers (usually) bring up boys to respect women as equals? Or not do so?

This is too big a topic for the discussion on Family, etc. and even for the discussion on Politics, so here it is in Water Cooler.... Here'…

Started by tom sarbeck

17 Nov 1, 2016
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

This Made Me Blow a Gasket - SPLC

The Southern Poverty Law Center has placed Ayaan Hirsi Ali on their anti Muslim extremist list. So their hate map and hate watch list equat…

Started by Russell Pangborn

9 Oct 28, 2016
Reply by Grinning Cat

Excused from jury duty on a moral issue, the Christian jurors didn't get it

Today I was called to jury duty for a attempted murder/sexual assault case. I noticed there were four Christians who made a point of their…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

78 Oct 20, 2016
Reply by BenGee

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

647 Oct 16, 2016
Reply by Russell Pangborn

Hacking Happens: Describe Life When We Have Few If Any Secrets

During the 1960s, we in the computer industry knew hackers would try to get access to information stored on computers. We knew confidential…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Oct 16, 2016
Reply by Michael Penn

Next step in mind control

The Google Allo app will listen to your conversations so in the future it can tell you what to say to your friends. This is so dystopian I…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

33 Oct 15, 2016
Reply by Chris

Church Must Pay Property Taxes

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/27683-court-rules-that-catholic-church-lot-in-downtown-madison-must-be-taxed

Started by Qiana-Maieev

13 Oct 7, 2016
Reply by April Niccolai

"The Only Way to Stop A Bad Guy with A Gun...."

Ready for more? (Yeah, Wayne N. R. A. LaPierre said it on TV a few hours ago.) Do try to answer his challenge with more reason and less emo…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 Oct 1, 2016
Reply by BenGee

Discrimination against Atheists by USPS?

Here is a link to an article from the makers of ATHEIST SHOES. They noticed some delays in packages to the US that had the word ATHEIST on…

Started by Sky God

3 Sep 30, 2016
Reply by Clarence Dember

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service