Water Cooler (2,494)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Guns and Christianity

I personally do agree with the right to bare arms in the United States. I do not wish this conversation to turn into a debate on this issu…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

11 Apr 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

Religious Belief is Stubborn And Not Logical

On the 20th I totaled out my work truck. This is a fact that I'm only using here to point out a situation with religious believers. Yes,…

Started by Michael Penn

37 Apr 30
Reply by Joan Denoo

Confuzzled

Matthew 25:34-40 "Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for y…

Started by Thomas Murray

14 Mar 24
Reply by Thomas Murray

The More We Old Folks Lose Touch With Young Folks, the More Harshly We Criticize Them.

Newly retired, at 65 I tutored in an up-scale community's high school. Kids who were not making it...repeat, NOT MAKING IT, in the mainstre…

Started by tom sarbeck

25 Mar 19
Reply by Joan Denoo

ONE HEALTH CARE SOLUTION

One way of getting the attention of Congress is to remind them that they want to be re-elected and Change.Org has a petition suggesting…

Started by Michael Penn

0 Mar 19

Best forum area to set up discussion on cosmology / size, age, mass and other attributes of universe?

Hi - recently there was a thread on some aspects of this topic, and there was interested discussion by several people but I think it got bo…

Started by jlaz

34 Mar 17
Reply by BenGee

Religion and thinking

What is it about indoctrinating religion into a person that causes critical thinking to fossilized? Sometimes religion doesn't give the b…

Started by Thomas Murray

62 Mar 15
Reply by tom sarbeck

Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S

Atheists are a small minority in the U.S.  Advocates of gun control might be a minority in America as well. In light of the recent shooting…

Started by Russell Pangborn

653 Mar 11
Reply by tom sarbeck

It's a Struggle between Those of Us with Empathy and Those of Us without Empathy

A search on the evolutionary origins of empathy took me to a Psychology Today article on the subject and we can say with some confidence th…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Mar 9
Reply by tom sarbeck

Anyone else think stuffs getting more crazy?

Look, I know in every generation they think its always getting worse than it was (which is rarely backed up by the data), But I'm curious,…

Started by BenGee

50 Mar 8
Reply by John Elder

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service