Water Cooler (2,393)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Understanding the Highly Sensitive Person

Being an HSP (highly sensitive person) simply isn't acceptable in our society. "Grow a thick skin!" "Don't be such a crybaby!" "You're a wh…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

3 Jan 23
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Holy crap, I just got booted from the jazz ensemble!

Nothing to see here. Move along.

17 Jan 14
Reply by Pat

Reason Rally 2016!

Who else is going? I'm hoping I can meet some of you wonderful folks there. http://www.reasonrally.org/ https://www.facebook.com/reasonrall

Started by Carolyn

21 Jan 13
Reply by Glen Rosenberg

Ultraspirtual J.P. Sears on Science and Spirituality.

Atheists may not be aware of J.P Sears, which is too bad because we miss out on his ultraspirituality.  Here is an interview with a skeptic…

Started by Daniel W

12 Jan 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

Photo: Dark-eyed Junco and Winter Flowers

I'm learning how to use my new camera, a Panasonic Lumix FZ200. Here's a picture I took today: a dark-eyed junco next to some tenacious…

7 Jan 3
Reply by The Flying Atheist

Happy New Year Everyone!

May 2016 be the year... We elect someone sensible to local, state, and national offices, including president. And the world has at least a…

Started by Daniel W

14 Jan 3
Reply by k.h. ky

Dealing with chronic pain

I am so happy California is getting some much-needed rainfall, but the barometric changes are wreaking havoc on my body. I have been dealin…

2 Jan 3
Reply by Atheist in FundyLand

Do Atheists, Nontheists, Freethinkers, et cetera, Make New Year Resolutions?

This one doesn't. I don't divide myself into an Inside who tells an Outside "Don't do that", and an Outside who  does "that" and needs some…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

What was the first PG- or R-rated movie you were allowed to see?

Because I was raised by fundies, I didn't see a PG-rated movie until I was nearly 11. My parents had to make an exception for Star Wars bec…

14 Dec 27, 2015
Reply by Plinius

Just When You Thought It Was Safe For Albanians

Pope Frankie the Gaucho has struck yet once again. Just when you thought you had heard the last of the maudlin crap about the nun the late…

Started by Pat

7 Dec 19, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service