Water Cooler (2,386)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do Atheists, Nontheists, Freethinkers, et cetera, Make New Year Resolutions?

This one doesn't. I don't divide myself into an Inside who tells an Outside "Don't do that", and an Outside who  does "that" and needs some…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

What was the first PG- or R-rated movie you were allowed to see?

Because I was raised by fundies, I didn't see a PG-rated movie until I was nearly 11. My parents had to make an exception for Star Wars bec…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

14 Dec 27, 2015
Reply by Plinius

Just When You Thought It Was Safe For Albanians

Pope Frankie the Gaucho has struck yet once again. Just when you thought you had heard the last of the maudlin crap about the nun the late…

Started by Pat

7 Dec 19, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!

I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D Just give a holler and let everyone know what area yo…

Started by Carrot Hare

1284 Dec 16, 2015
Reply by Rob Cortez

Solar Panels Suck up the Energy From the Sun, Killing Plants and Harming People.

This is from The Friendly Atheist website. A town in North Carolina instituted a moratorium on solar farms, to protect the area from the d…

Started by Daniel W

24 Dec 16, 2015
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Faulty Thinking

I've spent a lifetime trying to actually know what goes on with nature, sounds and noises, people and belief systems. I've come out of t…

Started by Michael Penn

15 Dec 15, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Is Atheist Nexus less envy-prone than Facebook?

Everyone sharing the best from their lives can lead to a depressing social media experience, it seems. ... Professor Izak Benbasat and his…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

12 Dec 5, 2015
Reply by Russell Pangborn

The next Dark Age is on the way

I was watching the news of the November 13, 2015 terrorist attack in Paris, and I started thinking of all the destruction, and killing bei…

Started by Donald L. Engel

14 Dec 2, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

9 Inconvenient Bible Verses

This was linked on the Friendly Atheist webside, although not by them.  I thought it was too funny not to link here as well. Of course,…

Started by Daniel W

6 Nov 30, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

What does it mean that USA Police have killed 1,000 people this year?

TheGuardian.com I think it's a false equivalency to say, USA Police have killed 1,000 but terrorists in USA have killed less than 10 this…

Started by Daniel W

8 Nov 19, 2015
Reply by Daniel W

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service