Water Cooler (2,510)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Going from Belief to Agnosticism

I quit Catholicism in college and went twice to meetings of the student atheist club. At both meetings I heard people say with complete cer…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 Jun 19
Reply by Idaho Spud

Another creationist attempt to mix science with Christianity......

I just found out about this today and saw the "documentary"... should have been labeled docufiction. https://www.isgenesishistory.com/ I wa…

Started by Thomas Murray

16 Jun 12
Reply by tom sarbeck

Going from Agnosticism to Atheism

Fifty two years after I quit Catholicism and chose agnosticism, I was a member of a Toastmasters club when another member, during Tabletopi…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Jun 7

Religion hurts more than heals.

I haven't noticed this on any site before though I'm sure it has been discussed.  Religious apologist frequently say that athies have no mo…

Started by Daniel Kehoe

18 May 28
Reply by tom sarbeck

Jesus' dad

so, I grew up Jewish and although now an atheist, am not particularly steeped in knowledge of Christianity or concerns about it.  With that…

Started by jlaz

5 May 23
Reply by jlaz

Who Funded the Ancients Who, in Their Own Times, Made Themselves Famous? Who's Funding Tomorrow's Famous?

We've all read of ancient folk who today, thousands of years after they lived, are known for their art, prose, poetry, histories, science,…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 May 22
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

The butt hair of the cracks argument, a cosmological argument

I must confess I am blatantly using the cosmological argument as a model here. I actually take issue with my first statement. Something…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

22 May 22
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Will A Climate Catastrophe Improve the Human Gene Pool?

Some of us will be more adversely affected than others of us. How can the survivors not be more "fit", more adaptable?

Started by tom sarbeck

9 May 21
Reply by Gary S

Do You Sometimes Not See an Email or Nexus Message You Expect?

Check your spam folder often. I do it at least weekly and find that about  one in fifty pieces of "spam" is not spam. I once designed and w…

Started by tom sarbeck

1 May 7
Reply by Michael Penn

Guns and Christianity

I personally do agree with the right to bare arms in the United States. I do not wish this conversation to turn into a debate on this issu…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

11 Apr 30
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service