Water Cooler (2,428)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Making the leap from psychic scams to religious scams

Looks like I wasn't the only letter writer to respond to an expose on psychics by ratcheting it up to religious scams which prey upon the s…

Started by Russell Pangborn

2 Mar 26
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Keswick Ontario Ice Storm

Thought I would share this with my nexus friends. Woke up to a downed branch from my neighbor's birch tree stuck to my car. No power last n…

4 Mar 26
Reply by Russell Pangborn

Medical Ethics. Is It Another Name for Religion?

My experience with ethics boards has persuaded me that their members talk a lot about religious prohibitions on what professional folk (doc…

Started by tom sarbeck

14 Mar 14
Reply by The Flying Atheist

San Andreas Fault Outgassing

Correction March 2nd! NASA says it's instrument error. Here's the related Snopes article. Carbon Monox-Lies Take note if you live in the US…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

21 Mar 6
Reply by Donald L. Engel

"Were the people to rule themselves...

...they would create trust. May they ever have distrust for one another, for as our need for power hurries us on, fortune can give us no gr…

Started by tom sarbeck

6 Mar 4
Reply by Loren Miller

Impact of Spotlight winning Oscar?

How do you think the catholics are going to deal with the film Spotlight winning the Oscar? I haven't seen it yet but have heard extensive…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

3 Feb 29
Reply by Loren Miller

Our primitive superstitious side

There is logical Russ and primitive Russ. I could be alone walking in a field at midnight and still get a twinge of fear about Dracula. My…

4 Feb 28
Reply by Joan Denoo

September 23 doomsday conspiracies

Anybody heard of this stuff? Someone close to me, who is normally as skeptical and atheist as myself, is suddenly all worried about this th…

Started by roland707

21 Feb 22
Reply by Christopher Cosgrove

Religion, Culture, Nationalism Overriding a natural instinct.

Was quite angry when writing this one. For some reason the Star chopped out my last sentence – maybe they don’t want the answers or hints g…

1 Feb 20
Reply by Loren Miller

Which of Homo Sapiens' Problems Are Being Addressed Emotionally; Which Are Being Addressed Rationally?

Many seem able to respond to problems only emotionally, but the work of solving problems requires rationality. For instance, China's one-ch…

Started by tom sarbeck

23 Feb 15
Reply by tom sarbeck

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service