Forum Discussions (13,411)

Featured Discussions

Brother Richard's speech: "Thank God America is a Secular Nation "

Hey everyone, first I want to thank you for you comments on this speech that was posted here: http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/meet

Started by Richard Haynes in Family and CommunityLatest Reply

Brother Richard talks at Atheist Alliance International

Since the original video went away, I replaced it with a Brother Richard talk at Atheist Alliance International. Enjoy :)

Started by Luara in Family and CommunityLatest Reply

New Atheist Nexus Mobile!

i'm surprised it's not noted anywhere here on the site, but A/N now has a fully functional mobile website.  check it out for yourself.  big…

Started by matthew greenberg in Atheist Nexus Discussions, Ideas & Site SuggestionsLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

People Don't Recover from Religion Simply by Tossing the Beliefs They'd Been Taught

People have fears, although sociopaths and such might not. Fear of death might have more power to influence people than any other fear. Rel…

Started by tom sarbeck in Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious

6 3 hours ago
Reply by Chris

IMO: "Hapless, Helpless, Hopeless" Describes Well So Many Posts in 'Politics', though with...

...with an occasional desperate-sounding howl at the Moon. Does anti-depressant use make the body immune to anti-depressants?

Started by tom sarbeck in Politics

1 5 hours ago
Reply by tom sarbeck

"President Pence" May Be A Reality Soon

According to MSNBC on Thursday evening, the White House Drama is escalating. Trump's explanations are beyond my ability to explain. Tune i…

Started by tom sarbeck in Politics

20 19 hours ago
Reply by tom sarbeck

Impunity

Trump isn’t a toddler — he’s a product of America’s culture of impunity for the rich Matthew Yglesias makes the case that much of Trump's b…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner in Politics

4 23 hours ago
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Religion hurts more than heals.

I haven't noticed this on any site before though I'm sure it has been discussed.  Religious apologist frequently say that athies have no mo…

Started by Daniel Kehoe in Water Cooler

18 23 hours ago
Reply by tom sarbeck

What Jesus sacrifice? (Is compelled smarter than God?)

So this is the basic Christian storyline. God sacrificed his only son, he was crucified, he rose from the dead in three days so that we ca…

Started by Compelledunbeliever in Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious

3 on Wednesday
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

Jesus' dad

so, I grew up Jewish and although now an atheist, am not particularly steeped in knowledge of Christianity or concerns about it.  With that…

Started by jlaz in Water Cooler

5 on Wednesday
Reply by jlaz

Who Funded the Ancients Who, in Their Own Times, Made Themselves Famous? Who's Funding Tomorrow's Famous?

We've all read of ancient folk who today, thousands of years after they lived, are known for their art, prose, poetry, histories, science,…

Started by tom sarbeck in Water Cooler

4 May 22

The butt hair of the cracks argument, a cosmological argument

I must confess I am blatantly using the cosmological argument as a model here. I actually take issue with my first statement. Something…

Started by Compelledunbeliever in Water Cooler

22 May 22

Ironies and Hypocrisies of Climate Deniers

While I despise statistics, I guiltily resort to them from time to time; the rest of the time, I come to my own conclusions from what I see…

Started by James M. Martin in Introductions

54 May 21
Reply by Chris

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service