Water Cooler (2,483)

Featured Discussions

Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!

I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D Just give a holler and let everyone know what area yo…

Started by Carrot HareLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A priest, a rabbi, and an atheist (former Baptist / Catholic / "conservative" Gay) smoking marijuana...

8 minute video.  This discussion makes about as much sense as any other discussion with religious people.  Which is to say, not much.  But…

Started by Daniel W

8 yesterday
Reply by k.h. ky

Authority's Most Important Duty Is To Protect Itself!

"Of course!" I told myself. "And my most important duty is to question authority." A moment of remembering twelve years in Catholic school…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 on Tuesday
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

We are not necessarily "born atheist", there is much more to the story.

For over a quarter century there has been a nagging question in my mind. Why do people believe in god? I believe I have found an answer,…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

10 Jul 14
Reply by Loren Miller

Sex, Religion, and Law from America’s Origins to the 21st Century

If you're unsure of your ability to demolish the "Christian Nation", lie, this book is for you.   Geoffrey Stone opens “Sex and the Constit…

Started by tom sarbeck

57 Jul 14
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

O.K. Tom great thread! Going from deism to atheism

I personally went from Christianity, to a form of agnosticism. That is I joked what church does Jesus go to? I had become a Christian agno…

10 Jul 8

Government imposition vs. Personal freedom

Being from Colorado, I have seen my fill of cases where someone does not want to make a cake for guy couples. This has bothered me very mu…

4 Jul 8

What Did I Learn First at Atheist Nexus? Did It Surprise Me?

What stood out first was that so many people here said reading the Old Testament drove them from their religion. "So that's why we in Cath…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Jul 4

Kids Make Parliamentary Law As They Grow. The Book We Are Told To Use Makes It Incomprehensible.

Step 1 of 10. Newborns' cries tell people they have needs. They will soon know words and be able to identify and ask for what they need or…

Started by tom sarbeck

13 Jul 2
Reply by Thomas Murray

Weak Religious Leaders Need Strict Rules. The Weakest of Them Need the Strictest Rules and the Most Violence.

This is a corollary to "Violence arises from powerlessness" by the Roman Seneca, either the Elder or the Younger. I remember the nun who to…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Jun 27
Reply by John Dumaker

Religion's Guilt- and Shame-tripping >> Inability to Discuss Sexuality >> Broken Families and ...

...Excessive Health Care Costs and more. [Read ">>" as "Results in" or "Leads to".] The "and more" above includes at least: 1) the a…

Started by tom sarbeck

11 Jun 26
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service