Water Cooler (2,456)

Featured Discussions

Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!

I just wanted to see how many different kinds of people we got going on this site :D Just give a holler and let everyone know what area yo…

Started by Carrot HareLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do idealists need to believe the world is better than it is?

While in college taking a course required for a teaching certificate, the instructor said that at age twelve kids start losing their youthf…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 2 hours ago

Best forum area to set up discussion on cosmology / size, age, mass and other attributes of universe?

Hi - recently there was a thread on some aspects of this topic, and there was interested discussion by several people but I think it got bo…

Started by jlaz

2 yesterday
Reply by jlaz

James Baldwin

Hi people, Last week, I learned of a famous name, James Baldwin. I have his "The Fire Next Time" and have not yet started on it. If you wou…

Started by Thomas Murray

3 yesterday
Reply by Joan Denoo

Focus on the family's response to my inquiry

I recently started a discussion in titled "I believe in the bible. Really? Which canon?" I sent out inquires to at least 20 websites that…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

14 yesterday
Reply by Michael Penn

Anyone else think stuffs getting more crazy?

Look, I know in every generation they think its always getting worse than it was (which is rarely backed up by the data), But I'm curious,…

Started by BenGee

37 on Thursday
Reply by Michael Penn

What Do Atheist Nexus Friends Do?

There are chat rooms, which I suppose I can join by clicking in one and typing a few words. And there's private messaging, which I have occ…

Started by tom sarbeck

25 Feb 16
Reply by BenGee

"...the infinite wisdom of the people...."

I heard a member of Congress say that soon after I started paying attention to politics and it angered me. I was naive (innocent) then. I…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Feb 15
Reply by Michael Penn

Do You Need The Universe To Have Had A Beginning?

Many if not all human societies have origin myths and they differ greatly. Several years ago a San Francisco-born-and-raised woman told me…

Started by tom sarbeck

213 Feb 14
Reply by BenGee

Parental Abuse or Religious Indoctrination, which Interferes More with...

...with kids' attempts to build self-confidence? The question assumes they both exist; they perhaps don't. There are too many variables--…

Started by tom sarbeck

19 Feb 14
Reply by Joan Denoo

Conversation's Greatest Values: It Serves to Defeat Tyranny and to Enable Trust

Religious domination requires silence, so if people I'm with start talking religion I usually say I have other stuff to do and leave. If I…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Feb 9

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service