Philosophy (331)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Why All-Knowingness is Impossible

There is an argument by a philosopher named Roland Puccetti showing, convincingly, I think, that omniscience (i.e. all-knowingness) is impo…

Started by P.

3 Aug 20
Reply by P.

Occam's Razor and Religion

A religious friend of mine and I were discussing the concept of Occam's Razor, and he said that when applied to faith, the 'easiest' answer…

Started by Deidre

17 Aug 18
Reply by Gary S

Obama, trump, Reagan, Hitler , Jesus and Paul

I normally try to stay completely out of politics. It may come as a surprise to many that it has been secondary to my interest in early Ch…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

4 Jul 28
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

presuppositional apologetics

"Oh jeez not this shit again."  Bear with me! I'm currently interest-high knowledge-low on the topic of presuppositional Christian apologe…

Started by Jerry McMasters

10 Jul 8
Reply by Jerry McMasters

Does Human Nature Change?

A search for Abraham Lincoln's 1860 Cooper Union address turned up this question, which a philosophy professor once asked his class. How w…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Jul 1
Reply by Jerry McMasters

Introvert vs extrovert.

Difference Between Introvert and Extrovert Introvert vs Extrovert Introvert and extrovert are the names given to two of the basic personali…

Started by Chris

53 Jul 1
Reply by Delsin Fox

Sisyphus

You all know Sisyphus--trying to roll a boulder up a hill. I'm just wondering what his feelings are.

Started by Randall Smith

5 Mar 8
Reply by redhands

All things good to us are rewarding to us

All my previous topics were too long and sort of incoherent. No debate could be had in those topics since they were too long and incoherent…

Started by Detective L Ryuzaki

1 Dec 5, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

Nature Is Speaking

Started by Joan Denoo

11 Aug 1, 2016
Reply by Joan Denoo

Philosopher: Logic is racist

Orwell allegedly claimed that intellectuals can believe anything, and this philosopher seems to fit the bill. Drowning in the 'white privil…

Started by jay H

39 Jun 26, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service