Atheist Andrea's Discussions (237)

Discussions Started (13) Replies Latest Activity

"We are a church and it is a religion." What a bunch of bull!

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/10/arizona-temple-worker-accused-prostitution-calls-himself-spiritual-warrior/#ixzz1XbArwYx4

Started by Atheist Andrea in Water Cooler

6 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by TNT666

The Pledge of Allegiance

This time I am in argument with my mother over "under god" being in the pledge and how we are disrespectful to our country for not saying i…

61 Feb 10, 2015
Reply by Freethinker31

Do you want to be cremated or buried?

I am leaning towards cremation because I don't even like visiting cemeteries (not because I fear death, I just have no interest in seein…

59 Aug 27, 2011
Reply by CK

Can you find beauty in cathedrals and churches or does the sight of them irritate you?

I look at them as a large piece of history and enjoy taking pictures of them when traveling outside the U.S. Notre Dame in Paris has been m…

Started by Atheist Andrea in Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious

33 Sep 13, 2011
Reply by Lois

You Tube Video of a Teen and his Catholic Mom

This lady is so ridiculous! The Christmas part is the best.  Poor kid.           http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gri0d8In5iE

Started by Atheist Andrea in Coming Out Atheist

33 Nov 15, 2011
Reply by Ted E Bear

Are any of your children angry that you raised them atheist?

Do you have a story about a child that never got baptized or never went to communion and are now angry adults because they aren't fitting i…

Started by Atheist Andrea in Family and Community

26 Feb 22, 2012
Reply by Steve

Superstition and Believing in Luck.

If we say "Good luck" to someone, where do you think this luck will come from? Is it like believing in a luck god who might decide you are…

Started by Atheist Andrea in Philosophy

19 Aug 4, 2011
Reply by Rudy Ruddell

What is a favorite non-theist book of yours or what are you reading now?

I was happy to find "The Six Ways of Atheism" at my library. When I checked out this book, a young male librarian asked if I was doing a pr…

40 Aug 13, 2011
Reply by Robert M. Reed

Are you open about being an atheist or are you in the closet?

I am semi in the closet. I do have to admit that I am not comfortable discussing my views with just anyone. I am the type that wants everyo…

Started by Atheist Andrea in Coming Out Atheist

555 Oct 2, 2016
Reply by Joan Denoo

I would like to lightly learn the bible (for discussion only). Please share the most ridiculous passages that irritate you.

“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he sh…

Started by Atheist Andrea in Introductions

27 Aug 15, 2011
Reply by Pat

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service