All Discussions Tagged '' (13,459)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Christian doctrine, Jesus sacrifice didn't work?

I have not found any reference to one New Testament peculiarly. Christian doctrine says that Jesus was sacrificed for our sins so we can g…

Started by Compelledunbeliever

3 5 hours ago
Reply by Loren Miller

Hi people!

Hey everyone! Got on here from a suggestion from a friend. You peeps seem so smart on here.

Started by Gwen

71 14 hours ago
Reply by tom sarbeck

WHAT WE MUST DO, Bertrand Russell Why I Am Not a Christian

WHAT WE MUST DO "We want to stand upon our own feet and look fair and square at the world—its good facts, its bad facts, its beauties, and…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 yesterday

Critical Thinking

In the spirit of leaving this wide open, I will try to be brief. What have you heard about it? From what sources have you learned about it?

Started by Sheri M Larsen

32 on Sunday
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Whether I should try and protect a friend or mind my own business??

We all know internet scams are here to stay. I think most of us, on this site anyway, can spot one easily enough. Which brings me to this.…

Started by kathy: ky

70 on Sunday
Reply by Susan Stanko

Dawkins event cancelled over "islamophobic" speech

This is Dawkins' response to the recent cancellation of one of his speaking events based on his comments about Islam: https://richarddawkin…

Started by Paul Tripp

6 on Sunday
Reply by Michael Penn

A priest, a rabbi, and an atheist (former Baptist / Catholic / "conservative" Gay) smoking marijuana...

8 minute video.  This discussion makes about as much sense as any other discussion with religious people.  Which is to say, not much.  But…

Started by Daniel W

8 on Sunday
Reply by kathy: ky

Is the word agnostic a cop-out ?

I have heard many an atheist claim that is the case. Indeed I am sometimes guilty of using that word to describe myself in place of atheist…

Started by John Dumaker

37 on Saturday
Reply by Michael Penn

What a Turkey.

The president of Turkey, Erdogan, held a referendum to rid his country of it's secular government. He threatened that voting against him wo…

Started by John Dumaker

18 on Friday
Reply by Michael Penn

Recommended reading

Hey since I'm new I wanted to get list going of book suggestions. Atheist, humanist, science, big bang,evolution, all of it. I have a lot t…

Started by Rob206

17 Jul 18
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service