All Discussions Tagged '' (286)

← Back to Health & Fitness
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Air Pollution Kills Seniors

A new study found that in the elderly short term exposure to fine particulate and ozone air pollution below legal limits significantly impa…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

3 Dec 27, 2017
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Toxic Chemicals Kill 15 Times More Than War

Major journal sounds alarm over global mass poisoning You live in an age of chemical toxicity. The health of every human takes a back seat…

1 Dec 23, 2017
Reply by tom sarbeck

Cancer-enhancing alien sugar

image source (text mine) New research on a sialic acid sugar N-glycolylneuraminic acid (Neu5Gc) indicates that we should modify our diets…

0 Dec 17, 2017

Genetics Impacts Diet Effectiveness

If research on mice is any indication, minor genetic variations determine response to different diets. No one diet works well for all. Diet…

1 Dec 2, 2017
Reply by Grinning Cat

You need 8000 IU of Vit D a day

The Big Vitamin D Mistake. Governments and doctors have been recommending levels of vitamin D that are too low. When Finland increased the…

0 Nov 24, 2017

Moderate drinking risks cancer and mental decline

Even a small amount of alcohol is now related to a higher risk of cancer  - ouch! -  image sources: woman, wine, text mine  Even light alc…

5 Nov 20, 2017
Reply by Idaho Spud

Fitness Apps Not Secure

mHealth Security Flaws Pose Risks to Users Fitness apps are security risks. Some of the most popular mobile health apps have “critical” sec…

0 Nov 1, 2017

Estrogen supports women's brain health after menopause

I've continued to take Estratest since menopause, resisting my gynecologist's pressure to stop, partly to support brain health. This sugges…

0 Oct 16, 2017

Phthalates in Air Fresheners

Air fresheners … many of these products contain phthalates (pronounced thal-ates)—hazardous chemicals known to cause hormonal abnormalitie…

0 Oct 14, 2017

Flu Shot Reduces Heart Attack and Stroke Risk

Good news for people like me with high blood pressure and cholesterol! One little stick to reduce risk by a third. If only losing weight we…

0 Sep 24, 2017

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service