All Discussions Tagged '' (279)

← Back to Health & Fitness
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fitness Apps Not Secure

mHealth Security Flaws Pose Risks to Users Fitness apps are security risks. Some of the most popular mobile health apps have “critical” sec…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

0 Nov 1

Estrogen supports women's brain health after menopause

I've continued to take Estratest since menopause, resisting my gynecologist's pressure to stop, partly to support brain health. This sugges…

0 Oct 16

Phthalates in Air Fresheners

Air fresheners … many of these products contain phthalates (pronounced thal-ates)—hazardous chemicals known to cause hormonal abnormalitie…

0 Oct 14

Flu Shot Reduces Heart Attack and Stroke Risk

Good news for people like me with high blood pressure and cholesterol! One little stick to reduce risk by a third. If only losing weight we…

0 Sep 24

3% of Premature Births in US from Air Pollution

Lots of local variability is hidden in that overall 3% figure: We examined data from the Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Cen…

2 Sep 4
Reply by tom sarbeck

Triple-Threat Pneumonia

Triple Threat: New Pneumonia Is Drug-Resistant, Deadly And Contagious As soon as you're over the shock of Hurricanes, a global epidemic of…

0 Sep 3

Hospital Mysticism

Medicine with a side of mysticism: Top hospitals promote unproven therapies I find this proliferation of unproven alternative therapies at…

3 Aug 30
Reply by Grinning Cat

Seafood Mercury Alert

Beware mercury accumulations in seafood from the US East Coast! Half of all Atlantic Bottlenose Dopphins off the Florida coast are diseased…

0 Aug 24

Vitamin D to avoid heart failure

Don't skip your daily vitamin D, if you want to avoid heart failure. Association between vitamin D deficiency and heart failure risk in the…

0 Aug 19

Benzodiazepine Sedatives Up Dementia

Evidence Strengthening that Common Benzodiazepine Sedatives May Cause Dementia Oh-oh! Maybe vallium for trouble sleeping is a bad idea. A m…

0 Jul 25

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service