All Discussions Tagged '' (13,617)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Big Bang Doesn't Deserve Your Faith. It Also Doesn't Deserve Your Tax Money.

I once heard a Unitarian minister say Unitarianism is for people who haven't kicked the church habit. The Big Bang is for people who haven…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

81 20 hours ago
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

America’s Founders Allegedly Used Biblical Concepts Everywhere

With the nation’s capital now having a Museum of the Bible, thumpers on C-SPAN 3 are claiming the Bible is the origin of every concept in t…

Started by tom sarbeck

20 21 hours ago
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Social Power Can Be Hurtful. Has Anyone Not Been Hurt By Its Use?

A single mother told me she would teach her son that power is evil. Her manner told me someone had hurt her, so I did not ask what kind of…

Started by tom sarbeck

26 on Thursday
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

How to deal with a believer?

I'm an atheist, obviously since I am here, but I have a big problem.  I can't argue with believers. Often they are christians since I live…

Started by Aria Royce

25 on Monday
Reply by Craigart14

Judge tosses convicted B.C. polygamists' constitutional challenge

Judge tosses convicted B.C. polygamists' constitutional challenge Judge rules against claims by Winston Blackmore and James Oler that po…

Started by Patricia

2 Mar 10
Reply by Patricia

The Three Happinesses — Money, Power, and Sex — and Religions Try to Take Them Away

Back when I was in college and comparing world religions, I might have dallied with Tantric Buddhism for a while. I liked that Tantra held…

Started by tom sarbeck

2 Mar 9
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Regulation in News

Penalize Journalistic Misinformation  

Started by Russell Pangborn

0 Mar 9

athiest or not

i dont go to church anymore and i dont like going there anyway, its not that i hate religion its just that i just want to live without foll…

Started by Lejandro Fortuna

14 Mar 9
Reply by Joan Denoo

Support to Thru Hikers

Hi, all I am new to this group and this is my first post here.OK, with my introduction out of the way, I want to let you all know why I joi…

Started by Hal Kepler

0 Mar 7

Politics. Where Can People Better Perfect Their Ability to Fool the Innocent (the Naive)?

Donald Trump doesn’t try to conceal his lies. Most politicians do. For one instance of many, JFK. “If a free society cannot help the many…

Started by tom sarbeck

7 Mar 4
Reply by Tom Sarbeck

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service