All Discussions Tagged '' (13,030)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"I don't participate in discussions, or donate. Please visit my website / podcast / buy my book"

Curmudgeon time. From time to time, non-active members of Nexus will post about their website, or their book, or their podcast.  For the p…

Started by Daniel W

16 Jul 14
Reply by Joan Denoo

Texas recognizes rights of non-religious!

When an atheist group approached Texas' Democrats about including certain positions into their platform, they presented three items.  To th…

Started by Jerry Wesner

1 Jul 14
Reply by Grinning Cat

Will 2016 be a modern remake of 1968?

1968 The year 1968 was filled with anger, violence, fear, action, reaction.  Corrupt politicians were using whatever means they could devi…

Started by Daniel W

26 Jul 14
Reply by tom sarbeck

Recently Deceased Now Looking for a Good Time

Hi, I’m new to atheist nexus, so I guess this is my introduction. I am from New Zealand and up until about 4 years ago I was a Christian. I…

Started by Jason James

21 Jul 13
Reply by Jason James

If we consider Christianity a cult and not a religion, could we make it illegal?

In the bible, it talks about God creating evil (Isaiah 45:7), the Old Testament still applying today (Matthew 5:17-19), kind words and mora…

Started by Atheists read the bible.

6 Jul 13
Reply by Michael Penn

Theological noncognitivism

Close your eyes and try to think of something labeled "God".  You can't!  You can think of unicorns, and pink polka dot elephants, and even…

Started by Edwin McCravy

166 Jul 12
Reply by John Elder

How-to Books Paved the Way for Science and Secularism -- An Essay by William Eamon at Aeon

This essay could go into science or atheism threads, but it seems of general interest too. Its author says that when the first ‘how-to’ boo…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Jul 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

Is the reason people are religious because they can get away with anything they want?

In my opinion, Religion allows it's followers to abuse as many innocent people as they want. Even the bible says stabbing people (Jeremiah…

2 Jul 10
Reply by jay H

Is it worth hanging myself on my birthday to be with my dog?

So my birthday marks the tenth aniversary of getting my first dog, and also the fifth aniversary of putting him down. Now imagine being a k…

4 Jul 9
Reply by Amit Malik

What are some ideas of atheist theme art?

So I just did some pixel art of a girl I liked, most people on Facebook thought it was pretty good. But alas... My computer broke and I can…

9 Jul 8
Reply by Joan Denoo

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service