All Discussions Tagged '' (13,033)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Is the reason people are religious because they can get away with anything they want?

In my opinion, Religion allows it's followers to abuse as many innocent people as they want. Even the bible says stabbing people (Jeremiah…

Started by Atheists read the bible.

2 Jul 10
Reply by jay H

Is it worth hanging myself on my birthday to be with my dog?

So my birthday marks the tenth aniversary of getting my first dog, and also the fifth aniversary of putting him down. Now imagine being a k…

4 Jul 9
Reply by Amit Malik

What are some ideas of atheist theme art?

So I just did some pixel art of a girl I liked, most people on Facebook thought it was pretty good. But alas... My computer broke and I can…

9 Jul 8
Reply by Joan Denoo

July 4th, A Good Time to See Nationalism as Religion.

In America's courtrooms, judges use the civil religion excuse to leave those two words (UG) in the Pledge, and those four words (IGWT) in l…

Started by tom sarbeck

13 Jul 8
Reply by tom sarbeck

Inequality, Debt and Credit Stagnation Steve Keen

Inequality, Debt and Credit Stagnation  Steve Keen  *Disparage the “secular stagnation” explanation that Larry Summers has regurgitated for…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Jul 7

Hate

A Sacramento pastor, Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church, responded to the Orlando shooting that killed 49 people and injured 50 with…

Started by Joan Denoo

44 Jul 7
Reply by Qiana-Maieev

I would rather burn forever for doing good, than to spend an eternity in paradise for doing evil.

In fact, Revelation 14:1-4 says that only 144,000 men go to heaven (sorry women.) But the bible itself completly evil and inhumane. I would…

1 Jul 6
Reply by Michael Penn

Great Audio book of the Bible read by an Atheist?

Are there any audio books of the the Bible with Atheist annotations or commentary? I used to Listen to various podcasts but would like to h…

Started by Wayne Philips

4 Jul 5
Reply by Wayne Philips

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker

Preface to Dangerous Ideas By Steven Pinker "Sunlight is the best disinfectant," according to Justice Louis Brandeis's famous case for free…

Started by Joan Denoo

3 Jul 4
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Biblical Scholar Posits OT God as 'Loving, Caring.'

I like to read about ANE (ancient Near Eastern) history, especially that part of it where the antecedents of our judeo-xian worldview can b…

Started by Bud the Wonderer

54 Jul 4
Reply by Craigart14

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service