All Discussions Tagged 'Christianity' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prominent Female Christian Personalities

Dear all,   Can you think of any prominent female Christian personalities who have spoken out about Christianity's role in politics, especi…

Started by Jake Farr-Wharton

15 Jun 5, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

Responding to Believers' "Difficult" Questions About Atheism

Hello. I noticed this article by a British doctor asking Atheists "Twenty Questions Atheists Struggle To Answer." I always enjoy a challeng…

Started by John "Jack" Kolinski

107 May 9, 2013
Reply by Mathew T.

Determinism VS Predictability

I've just finished Sam Harris' Free Will.  It isn't exactly a book, rather an extended essay.  I'm also reading The Illusion of Conscious W…

Started by Philip Jarrett

55 Apr 27, 2013
Reply by Trick

A Family Quandary: Should I speak up or stay silent?

Hey fellow nontheists, First an apology for being so inactive these past several month. I've been participating in a lot of nontheist comm…

Started by Nate Wynd

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Greg

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

I believe that one of the most pernicious teachings of the New Testament is the one about the unforgivable sin of blaspheming the Holy Spir…

Started by Dana Garrett

0 Jul 17, 2012

How does one go from atheism to religion?

Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism" So, how does one go from reason and rationality to supers…

Started by Sassan K.

12 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by bobh

Ethical Conundrum question on hell and who deserves it

I would love to hear how a religious person might answer this question. I know this isn't the best place to ask this since It's an atheist…

Started by Devin

3 Jun 9, 2012
Reply by Plinius

"What Would Jesus Do?"

What Would Jesus Do? Once, when George Bernard Shaw, was asked what he thought of Christianity, he replied after a very long pause, "I don…

Started by William Sternman

8 Dec 15, 2011
Reply by Victoria Carroll

Speaking in churches

I am going into churches with the atheist message. I have already talked to pastors and scheduled meetings. I know, sounds crazy but it's t…

Started by Jason Testerman

23 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by annet

Is the ultimate philosophical outcome of Christianity anti-Semitism?

So this video of Lewis Black ranting like he does pretty much lays out the thesis I have herein: Christianity is, by default, anti-Sem…

Started by Andrew Stewart

3 Nov 26, 2011
Reply by Matt VDB

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service