All Discussions Tagged 'Science' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

California Science Center pays $110,000 to creationists to settle lawsuit

The Intelligent Design movement may not have many scientists behind it, but they do have lots of lawyers...   In 2009, the California Scien…

Started by Hugh Kramer

10 Sep 4, 2011
Reply by Hugh Kramer

A documentary everyone should see.

My candidate for the best Science Documentary of 2010. I know it's only January but I don't honestly see this being bested for the scale of…

Started by Richard Healy

37 Jun 30, 2011
Reply by Richard Healy

Advocating for elementary science education standards?

Although Washington's science scores are JUST above average compared to the rest of the nation, that's not saying much now is it? I look ba…

Started by Cascadian Rationalist

0 Apr 27, 2011

Why The Book of Genesis is Scientifically Accurate....

or   God And The Internal Combustion Engine.     In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.Obviously, these pre-technological…

Started by Richard Healy

6 Feb 26, 2011
Reply by Scott

QED Science and Scepticism Conference, Manchester 5-6/02/2011 (Sceptivism; UK-Centric)

Sceptics and Science fans in the North West and surrounding counties - February 5th / 6th 2011 - TWO WHOLE ROTATIONS OF THE PLANET EARTH A…

Started by Richard Healy

0 Aug 18, 2010

The Extinction of the Phytoplankton and Life as we know it.

Scientists record 40% decline of Phytoplankton in 60 yearsorPlankton decline as oceans warmMy verbatim reaction as I read these:Oh shit.Dis…

Started by Richard Healy

45 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by John D

Should boy, born 3 years after dad’s death, get Social Security?

Here is a case that pushes moral, ethical, medical, scientific, and political concerns, into a legal mash-up that's sure to tie up court ca…

Started by D R Hosie

5 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by D R Hosie

Our future

When J. Robert Oppenheimer saw the first atomic bomb and the destrctive capabilities it unleashed he was quoted as saying, "Now I am become…

Started by Noah Petersen

4 May 13, 2010
Reply by Staks Rosch

An Interview with A.C. Grayling

Hello all, this is my first post on Atheist Nexus, and I must say, this site is looking rather good. I'm a writer for the Freethinker Magaz…

Started by Peter Brietbart

2 Feb 28, 2010
Reply by Goz

A little about me

Hello to anyone who has the time and inclanation to read this, I joined this site hoping to find out and become friends with other atheist…

Started by Bex Holmes

2 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by R

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service