All Discussions Tagged 'and' (40)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

convictions or customs?

Throughout the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries in England many priests and religious overseers commented on the blasphemous nature of t…

Started by Gerald Payne

6 Jun 16
Reply by Ted Foureagles

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

I'm still arguing with a scientifically illiterate clown who thinks that elements and even light have properties called meaning or function…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

2 May 25
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Athiesm and intelligence

According to a study by the American Sociological Association, higher intelligence correlates to atheism. (Also liberal political ideals, p…

Started by Jennifer Checki

81 May 11
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Just when you thought...

...America was making some progress towards becoming a secular nation, what with all our many secular/atheist organizations, you realize wh…

Started by Alan Perlman

6 Mar 15
Reply by Patricia

Working my way through "The Happiness Trap" by Russ Harris - Anyone want to join me?

A couple of months ago, I started working my way through The Happiness Trap by Russ Harris. It is centered around Acceptance and Commitment…

Started by Atheist in FundyLand

0 Oct 13, 2014

Guns, Children, and Death

How ironic is it that a man who works at a gun range is shot, and killed, by a nine year old? The man was teaching her to shoot an uzi. I k…

Started by k.h. ky

49 Sep 11, 2014
Reply by Freethinker31

The cost of masculine crime

The cost of masculine crime "Men are, by a huge margin, the sex responsible for violent, sexual and other serious crime. The economic cost…

Started by Joan Denoo

79 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Luara

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian

The Ethics of Atheism - A Conversation between Stefan Molyneux with Dr Peter Boghossian re:  ethics, morals, faith, reason, philosophy an…

Started by Joan Denoo

16 Jul 27, 2014
Reply by Luara

National Prayer Day!

I have a question.WHY today in these United States of America, is there such a thing as an annual National Day of Prayer...presided over by…

Started by Mike Newell

9 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by booklover

I'm a self made computer guru that has XBMC on my Windows system. It means I can watch pretty much anything I want anytime I want. Today I…

Started by Michael Penn

5 Dec 13, 2013
Reply by Michael Penn

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service