All Discussions Tagged 'atheism' (236)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Use the "In God We Trust" signs on cop cars as evidence of gov't anti-atheist bias in law suits

We should take advantage of the new In God We Trust signs on the backs of police cars (see my earlier discussion on this topic) as objectiv…

Started by eric stone

3 May 7
Reply by Michael Penn

New atheist book by ex-Moslem

This is an excellent new small book on atheism by an ex-Islamist who has a very large atheist following! Please see attached photo of back…

Started by eric stone

11 Apr 3
Reply by Qiana-Maieev

Psychiatrists add new mental disorder: Impositional Religiosity

Don't know how I missed this but psychiatry is finally realizing that religion is a major cause of mental illness (see below);"Despite vigo…

Started by eric stone

11 Apr 2
Reply by jay H

So you think Pope Francis is a good guy? read this

"Many Catholics hope perhaps that the Argentine Pope's enormous popularity will reverse the flight of believers. Yet a good image appears n…

Started by eric stone

7 Mar 9
Reply by Jerry Wesner

How kids can cope with religious bullying

Tell you’re kids that it’s OK to believe in God or not to believe– different people have different view and we are all good people! If anot…

Started by eric stone

1 Feb 4
Reply by eric stone

Advice to secular parents for religious holidays and kids from a wise secular mom

This might be a duplicate if the first one is restored: The attached are 20 pp from a book by a wise and thoughtful secular mom on how to…

Started by eric stone

1 Jan 31
Reply by jay H

Nobody Chooses To Be Atheist! Disbelief just happens, regardless of intent.

Disbelief cannot be intentional. Either a person believes in something or they don't. An equivalent scenario is like a person who grew up b…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

114 Jan 2
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Have the Catholic Bishops ordered their masses to show their crosses to drown out the atheists?

Wherever I go I am seeing a large increase in the displays of Roman Catholic crucifixes particularly in cars or on women's jewelry as tho…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by Gary S

People who oppose using pretty holidays like Xmas to sell slavery to children are not grinches

Xmas is a children's holiday.  Nowadays its chief function is to sell kids on the notion of a fairy-tale god who is looking out for them an…

Started by eric stone

3 Dec 24, 2015
Reply by eric stone

How we're taking back the solstice

In our family we celebrate the solstice as a way of having fun, teaching science and showing others just where the winter holidays come fro…

Started by eric stone

6 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by eric stone

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service