All Discussions Tagged 'atheism' (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nobody Chooses To Be Atheist! Disbelief just happens, regardless of intent.

Disbelief cannot be intentional. Either a person believes in something or they don't. An equivalent scenario is like a person who grew up b…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

113 Jan 2, 2016
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Have the Catholic Bishops ordered their masses to show their crosses to drown out the atheists?

Wherever I go I am seeing a large increase in the displays of Roman Catholic crucifixes particularly in cars or on women's jewelry as tho…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 30, 2015
Reply by Gary S

People who oppose using pretty holidays like Xmas to sell slavery to children are not grinches

Xmas is a children's holiday.  Nowadays its chief function is to sell kids on the notion of a fairy-tale god who is looking out for them an…

Started by eric stone

3 Dec 24, 2015
Reply by eric stone

How we're taking back the solstice

In our family we celebrate the solstice as a way of having fun, teaching science and showing others just where the winter holidays come fro…

Started by eric stone

6 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by eric stone

Our freethought display for solstice 2015

The Rossmoor Atheist Club today erected their annual freethought display (see attached) on Rossmoor Parkway as part of our winter  solstic…

Started by eric stone

28 Dec 18, 2015
Reply by Gerald Payne

Christopher Hitchens Does God Exist?

Christopher Hitchens,“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate…

Started by dudaboli yev

2 Nov 21, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

Sam Harris The Case Against Christianity

Sam Harris The Case Against Christianity Sam Harris offers his case against the Christian god concept

Started by dudaboli yev

3 Oct 4, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Sam Harris The Case Against Christianity

Sam Harris The Case Against Christianity Sam Harris offers his case against the Christian god concept Samuel Benjamin "Sam" Harris is an Am…

Started by dudaboli yev

15 Sep 27, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Athiesm and intelligence

According to a study by the American Sociological Association, higher intelligence correlates to atheism. (Also liberal political ideals, p…

Started by Jennifer Checki

81 May 11, 2015
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Trapped in a hospital bed with fundamentalist care givers

Lovely people tended my every need, from providing the saline drip that kept me hydrated to cleaning up after me when projectile vomiting e…

Started by Joan Denoo

4 Apr 27, 2015
Reply by Idaho Spud

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service