All Discussions Tagged 'atheist' (243)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Mind and Cosmos

Hello:I just joined this organization.  I was raised a fundamentalist Christian and was a devout believer in the Christian tradition and do…

Started by Ryan Nichols

5 yesterday
Reply by Michael Penn

Favorite podcasts. Atheist, Freethinking, or Just Interesting.

Podcasts give the freedom to listen to what you want, when you want, where you want.  Most with no advertising although some have some.  On…

Started by Daniel W

2 Sep 27
Reply by The Flying Atheist

Death without God

As a lifelong atheist, I have never been afraid of death. I'm comfortable believing there is nothing afterward. Now I'm in my seventies. Wh…

Started by Karl

62 Sep 22
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Was there a particular event in your life that contributed to you becoming atheist?

I'm new to this site, so I apologize ahead of time if this topic is repetitive. About a month ago, a close family member of mine passed awa…

Started by Kalista Whitney

70 Jul 29
Reply by Christopher Cosgrove

Are You Sick Of NDE, Spin Doctor Frauds Like B.W. Melvin?

Listened to B.W. Melvin describe his "A Land Unknown" Hallucination of his so called NDE experience where he claimed to have been an atheis…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

5 Jul 19
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Duck Dynasty should be "Dunce Dynasty", as its star, Si Robertson hits a new Intellectual Low!

Si claims that he does not believe Atheists exist, because our calendar is based on Jesus. Si is using this line to promote a really stupi…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

3 Jul 7
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

I am Secular. Let the theists embrace their negative identities & anti-secularism. They do not define me.

There are have been many attempts to label the secular community and its members.  I use the words "community" and "members" advisedly, sin…

Started by Daniel W

2 May 27
Reply by sk8eycat

Are atheists arrogant?

What do you think about the charge that atheists are arrogant about their lack of belief? I have to admit, I hear that a lot, and for mysel…

Started by Jennifer Checki

53 Apr 29
Reply by Patricia

Atheist Poetry Request

From Jonathan M.S. Pierce at SkepticInk: I am compiling an anthology of atheist and humanist called Filling the Void which presently has a…

Started by Peter White

0 Apr 17

Libertarian Atheists

The majority of the atheists I know tend to be very liberal. That's okay for them, but I'm not. I'm a Libertarian. I don't choose to willin…

Started by Rock

4 Apr 11
Reply by Rock

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service