All Discussions Tagged 'atheist' (251)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are atheists arrogant?

What do you think about the charge that atheists are arrogant about their lack of belief? I have to admit, I hear that a lot, and for mysel…

Started by Jennifer Checki

68 yesterday
Reply by Amit Malik

Death without God

As a lifelong atheist, I have never been afraid of death. I'm comfortable believing there is nothing afterward. Now I'm in my seventies. Wh…

Started by Karl

77 Jul 15
Reply by Idaho Spud

From word of the day - pertains to us - nullifidian. New to me.

This word it new to me so thought I would share it. nullifidian PRONUNCIATION: (nuhl-uh-FID-ee-uhn)  MEANING: noun: An atheist: a person…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

1 Jun 23
Reply by Qiana-Maieev

Atheist Epitaphs

Alas, no more sex; no more beer. It's not original; a paleontologist found it in ancient Egypt. Hm-mm, if I want people to see it, I won't…

Started by tom sarbeck

23 May 6
Reply by The Flying Atheist

"Dog groomers.com" has One Nation Under God on its trucks

Just happened to be driving behind one of its vehicles and was really miffed when I saw their bumper sticker sign.   Don't dare give any bu…

Started by eric stone

8 Apr 26
Reply by eric stone

New Atheist Here....

Salutations all, Call me Jodi.  I am a new Atheist. Raised in a xtian household.  I am interested in making some friends in the atheist c…

Started by Jodi Nautilus

21 Apr 7
Reply by Gwaithmir

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court, By Lawrence M. Krauss, February 18, 2016, The New Yorker

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court I am a strong supporter of separation of church and state. The Court's members at the present time, all…

Started by Joan Denoo

15 Feb 21
Reply by Loren Miller

Towns & Places with Largest Numbers of Atheists? In USA or countries where US residents can emigrate?

Literally had the door of my house smashed to bits with an axe by a local Xian couple today!  This was provoked by my sitting alone at home…

Started by L Ross

37 Feb 14
Reply by jlaz

Atheist on Having No Choice

Atheist on Having No Choice Tom Leeds gives a splendid response to being an atheist. Clear, precise, concrete, distinct, specific, strong,…

Started by Joan Denoo

3 Feb 4
Reply by Bertold Brautigan

Does anyone have any reference to George Eastman's stipulation that no church be built on univ rochester

He gave major endowment to this university and I remember hearing that one of his conditions for the gift was that no church or place of wo…

Started by eric stone

0 Jan 29

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service