All Discussions Tagged 'church' (81)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ryan bringing back McCathyism and the 1950s HUAC?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/nancy+pelosi/154c5d0a1b2a7b51?compose=new This is what I expected from Paul Ryan when I saw his fa…

Started by eric stone

3 yesterday
Reply by tom sarbeck

Religion can reduce stress

Religion linked to reduced levels of stress hormones in young American Blacks In 2015 Philly's HumanLight celebration fizzled out. There wa…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

41 Apr 19
Reply by eric stone

So you think Pope Francis is a good guy? read this

"Many Catholics hope perhaps that the Argentine Pope's enormous popularity will reverse the flight of believers. Yet a good image appears n…

Started by eric stone

7 Mar 9
Reply by Jerry Wesner

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

30 Mar 8
Reply by Robert Matthew meade

Impact of Spotlight winning Oscar?

How do you think the catholics are going to deal with the film Spotlight winning the Oscar? I haven't seen it yet but have heard extensive…

Started by Christopher Cosgrove

3 Feb 29
Reply by Loren Miller

Just realized the Commie witch hunt in the 50s was the church's Inquisition brought to America

Don't know why it took so long for me to see this but it clarifies things considerable.  As Arthur Miller knew full well there were many pa…

Started by eric stone

15 Feb 27
Reply by Michael Penn

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court, By Lawrence M. Krauss, February 18, 2016, The New Yorker

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court I am a strong supporter of separation of church and state. The Court's members at the present time, all…

Started by Joan Denoo

15 Feb 21
Reply by Loren Miller

Delusional Farkwit, Dr. Ben Carson, Telling Blatant Lies, Yet Again.

For a politician and retired surgeon who told public television that the one thing he will never do is Lie, he is back telling more lies to…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

6 Feb 3
Reply by Michael Penn

Does anyone have any reference to George Eastman's stipulation that no church be built on univ rochester

He gave major endowment to this university and I remember hearing that one of his conditions for the gift was that no church or place of wo…

Started by eric stone

0 Jan 29

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

8 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Jerry Wesner

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service