All Discussions Tagged 'church' (81)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How many atheists have formally defected from the Church?

I have been an atheist for may years now. However, it never occurred to me to actually formally cut my ties with the Catholic Church by mak…

Started by La Gaya Sienza

27 Mar 6, 2011
Reply by Dennis Smith

Hipster Faith or Trying to Lure Kids to Your Sanctuary

It has been done again and again, en ever morphing scene to try and meld what is a passing fad with an out-dated religion in order to try a…

Started by §kürrý

6 Jan 21, 2011
Reply by §kürrý

Noah's Ark Tourist Attraction Sparks Debate

Kentucky's Governor promises almost $40 million in tax breaks for the building of a Noah's Ark , complete with animals, and Tower of Babel…

Started by Noh Name

0 Dec 8, 2010

Church sued in sex-abuse case sues victim’s parents

Just another article that I found that makes me /facepalm/FTA" First, a youth leader in a western Missouri church pleaded guilty to sexual…

Started by §kürrý

6 Dec 6, 2010
Reply by Louis

My wife needs church, I don't

I am born atheist/agnostic but my wife was raised a baptist and while she recently accepted that she's not really a christian any more than…

Started by Bee Cause

8 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Maia Rodriguez

Public School Holds Mass

I just moved back to St.Louis with my wife and child. My wife is upset with how religious everyone is here and I try to reassure her that w…

Started by §kürrý

12 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by Louis

Double Standards

We've had an interesting discussion in our household this morning. We have a fundamentalist Christian relative staying with us for the wee…

Started by Chrys Stevenson

30 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Michelle Malcolm

Catholic Charities loose religious exemption appeal.

Now here's a good news story until California gets it's collective head out of it's arse and rescinds Proposition 8.

Started by Richard Healy

0 Aug 19, 2010

De-godding money

Does anyone de-god their paper money? I read something online about this recently. Apparently quite a few people do something to negate the…

Started by Audiodef

20 Aug 9, 2010
Reply by Michael

Protesting a church easter sunday

there is a church in my city that was bribing people to go for tvs, cars, laptops, etc.  i felt conviction rise inside me with the need to…

Started by stephanie

7 Jun 3, 2010
Reply by Michael J. Clarkson, Jr.

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service