All Discussions Tagged 'holidays' (8)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Advice to secular parents for religious holidays and kids from a wise secular mom

This might be a duplicate if the first one is restored: The attached are 20 pp from a book by a wise and thoughtful secular mom on how to…

Started by eric stone

1 Jan 31
Reply by jay H

People who oppose using pretty holidays like Xmas to sell slavery to children are not grinches

Xmas is a children's holiday.  Nowadays its chief function is to sell kids on the notion of a fairy-tale god who is looking out for them an…

Started by eric stone

3 Dec 24, 2015
Reply by eric stone

How we're taking back the solstice

In our family we celebrate the solstice as a way of having fun, teaching science and showing others just where the winter holidays come fro…

Started by eric stone

6 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by eric stone

4 Secular Ways to Celebrate the Holidays

http://voices.yahoo.com/4-secular-ways-celebrate-holidays-11673556.html?cat=34 According to the Pew Forum on religion and public life, the…

Started by Hiram

15 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by booklover

Can atheists celebrate Christmas?

I say, why not? We could call it xmas. It could be a secular holiday for spending time with family and exchanging gifts. The Christians…

Started by OutlawGirl

63 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Daniel PD

Amazing (atheist and xtian) displays in Broward Co. FL 2011! FSM vs. Jesusfreaks

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Dec 23, 2011

A joyous holiday season?

I'm still a newbie to group, but recently, my husband and I discussed the way we celebrate the holidays, and I thought it would be interest…

Started by Laura Taylor

2 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by John D

Recognition of holidays that are suitable for atheists.

I have recently had cause to ponder the lack of established atheist holidays (etymology of the word holiday notwithstanding). I feel t…

Started by Matthew Macalister

26 May 14, 2010
Reply by Sam in WV

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service