All Discussions Tagged 'human' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Religous names and Freedom of Association

"Freedom of association is the right to join or leave groups of a person's own choosing" (from Wikipedia) If someone has a religious name…

Started by Ross

0 May 1

Our new freethought banner of the web of human knowledge

We tried to depict the fantastic web of human knowledge that the enlightenment spawned in the last 400 years.  As is obvious from the above…

Started by eric stone

4 Dec 15, 2014
Reply by tom sarbeck

Sumer Arc Instructions. Many Generations before Noah.

This is a cool story.  For some reason, it's making the rounds again, but was previously published 4 years ago. Cuneiform (Sumeran) tablet…

Started by Daniel W

16 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Joan Denoo

A right-brain basis for atheism?

It's considered correct for atheists to insist we have values. But the values I see us testifying to come mostly from past movements and ag…

Started by Shaun Johnston

15 May 11, 2013

Existential Angst

Almost everyone everyone experiences existential angst in some form at sometime in there life. I find it much easier to deal with when I ca…

Started by Maggie

50 Apr 20, 2013
Reply by michele ricketts

Synthetic drugs (shipped tonnage from florida .. in the past..) sheriff killed in WV...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says West Virginia has the second-highest rate of drug overdose deaths in the nation. And in…

Started by AgeOfAtheists14

0 Apr 3, 2013

MY ADDRESS TO ATHEIST UNITED CALLED "VISIONARY"

I am a believer in that old adage, “Consider the source,” so I was thrilled when a man I greatly admire for his intelligence, writing, pass…

Started by Steven Paul Leiva

0 Sep 16, 2012

Atheism in great literature

Does anyone know of any literature/novels - the classics - that are clearly atheist in scope? I'll start with W. Somerset Maugham. In his…

Started by David Raphael

2 Dec 10, 2011
Reply by AgeOfAtheists14

A short video inspired by Reason, Tolerance and Enlightenment values

I would like to present you with a short video, Words Engraved, which is inspired by Freedom of Thought and Human Rights: http://www.yo

Started by Rose Lancaster

2 Jun 10, 2011
Reply by Rose Lancaster

Non-dualistic explanation of how "sacred texts" are generated by very human brains

I apologize if a discussion of this is buried inside one of the other discussions here. I see a lot of discussion on the contradictions an…

Started by Jim Mo.

2 Oct 21, 2009
Reply by Timo Ostrander

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Chrystal replied to Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
3 minutes ago
Chrystal posted a status
"So glad I found this site! I've only been a member for a day or two and I'm already enjoying it."
12 minutes ago
Chrystal commented on Chrystal's blog post Why I'm here.
17 minutes ago
Logospilgrim commented on Calla's group Nexus Book Club
21 minutes ago
Logospilgrim joined Angie Jackson's group
38 minutes ago
Idaho Spud liked Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Compact Bed Geometry
45 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Godless in the garden
46 minutes ago
Martin A. Moe, Jr commented on Martin A. Moe, Jr's blog post God came to me in a dream last night
56 minutes ago

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service