All Discussions Tagged 'politics' (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ryan bringing back McCathyism and the 1950s HUAC?

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#search/nancy+pelosi/154c5d0a1b2a7b51?compose=new This is what I expected from Paul Ryan when I saw his fa…

Started by eric stone

3 May 23
Reply by tom sarbeck

Religion's Prohibitions Inhibit Even Long-time Atheists. And Our Inhibitions Consequences...?

Those prohibitions are powerful. Federal Appellate Court Judge Richard A. Posner would agree. Here is the opening paragraph of his book, Se…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 May 17

Clinton worldview fail

Naomi Klein's cogent article "We’re out of time on climate change. And Hillary Clinton helped get us here" makes the Democratic primary cho…

Started by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

7 Apr 10
Reply by Freethinker31

"Don't talk Politics or Religion."

Advice, Always there's advice. But what's missing from that piece of advice?

Started by tom sarbeck

7 Apr 9
Reply by tom sarbeck

#1 What if we change - Hope in a Changing Climate by John D. Liu

So many things change in our daily lives, an increase in unpredictable weather, mass exstinction of flora and fauna, the adjustment of the…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Feb 28

Hell Has No Fury Like An Idealist Disappointed

The world we live in disappoints many idealists. I could write a book describing the furies I felt. Instead, I ask "When for most children…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 Nov 25, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

A Wise Course Is to Treat Politicians as Predators Until They Prove They Are Not.

I saw it when I read James Madison's notes from the 1787 Constitutional Convention, in which he reported the words of two of America's best…

Started by tom sarbeck

32 Oct 20, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

An Argument for Talking about Everything, especially Politics, Religion. and Sexuality.

Were the people to rule themselves they would create trust. May they ever have distrust for one another, for as our need for power hurries…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Oct 17, 2015

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

8 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Jerry Wesner

Congress introduces Bill to fund churches as 'essential'

Congress wants to fund churches! Share widely! Take action!https://www.facebook.com/SecularCoalition/photos/a.10151606636827741.434003.2225

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

18 Sep 21, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service