All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

People Cling to Religion So They Can Use Guilt and/or Shame to Get What They Need/Want

Despite xianity’s hostility to women, many American women remain xians. I have asked many women why this is so but it seems none know, or m…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 yesterday
Reply by Ruth Anthony-Gardner

Humor in Church School Classrooms — Even Religion Classes

I learned word play in Catholic school, even in religion classes. There was that 16th Century conference at which the Catholic hierarchy c…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

2 Aug 25
Reply by Plinius

The Three Happinesses — Money, Power, and Sex — and Religions Try to Take Them Away

Back when I was in college and comparing world religions, I might have dallied with Tantric Buddhism for a while. I liked that Tantra held…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Mar 20
Reply by Compelledunbeliever

If we are no longer a democracy are we any longer morally or ethically obliged to follow its laws?

Mr trump does not support democracy and neither does his fascistic political party, the tyrannical religious majority that elected him or t…

Started by eric stone

7 Jan 28
Reply by tom sarbeck

Is America Warming Up for a Religious War?

Decades ago I used to say America’s being able to replace a president after four years, or to impeach or remove a president sooner, would d…

Started by Tom Sarbeck

23 Dec 25, 2017
Reply by Chris

“They” Don’t Earn Power; They Are Given It.

“Nobody spoke a word that day. But that’s the way it was anyway. If you said more than five words, they said you were a good-for-nothing bl…

Started by tom sarbeck

1 Dec 1, 2017
Reply by Michael Penn

It's Easier to Change from One Religion to Another Than It Is to Quit Religion

After I quit Catholicism, I read a book that compared Xianity's major denomination and knew I could not switch to one of them. Yet, I loved…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 Sep 8, 2017
Reply by tom sarbeck

Trump is not the problem

Trump is not the real problem. He's just a creative  and sadistic puppet.  The real problems are the religions that are forcing their follo…

Started by eric stone

20 May 7, 2017
Reply by tom sarbeck

How does one go from atheism to religion?

Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism" So, how does one go from reason and rationality to supers…

Started by Sassan K.

70 Jan 20, 2017
Reply by HarveyLM

Israel Cannot Be Both Jewish and Democratic, said SecState John Kerry

That despite decades of hearing Israel described as the Middle East's only democracy. What say you, about Israel or about an America in th…

Started by tom sarbeck

19 Jan 2, 2017
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service