All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (245)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

It's Easier to Change from One Religion to Another Than It Is to Quit Religion

After I quit Catholicism, I read a book that compared Xianity's major denomination and knew I could not switch to one of them. Yet, I loved…

Started by tom sarbeck

4 Sep 8
Reply by tom sarbeck

Trump is not the problem

Trump is not the real problem. He's just a creative  and sadistic puppet.  The real problems are the religions that are forcing their follo…

Started by eric stone

20 May 7
Reply by tom sarbeck

If we are no longer a democracy are we any longer morally or ethically obliged to follow its laws?

Mr trump does not support democracy and neither does his fascistic political party, the tyrannical religious majority that elected him or t…

Started by eric stone

6 Apr 2
Reply by eric stone

How does one go from atheism to religion?

Here is a story on CNN today, "Prominent atheist blogger converts to Catholicism" So, how does one go from reason and rationality to supers…

Started by Sassan K.

70 Jan 20
Reply by HarveyLM

Israel Cannot Be Both Jewish and Democratic, said SecState John Kerry

That despite decades of hearing Israel described as the Middle East's only democracy. What say you, about Israel or about an America in th…

Started by tom sarbeck

22 Jan 2
Reply by tom sarbeck

Join Us! Thanks-For-Giving Sunday, November 20 @ 12-8 CST

I just wanted to invite everyone over to Recovering from Religions Stream-a-thon, tomorrow, Sunday Nov. 20. This will be a live video event…

Started by Kelly

0 Nov 19, 2016

How To Dispose of Mental Clutter?

First, toss religious clutter. Quit religion and require evidence of people who want me to accept their religion.   With that done politica…

Started by tom sarbeck

9 Aug 28, 2016
Reply by Plinius

July 4th, A Good Time to See Nationalism as Religion.

In America's courtrooms, judges use the civil religion excuse to leave those two words (UG) in the Pledge, and those four words (IGWT) in l…

Started by tom sarbeck

13 Jul 8, 2016
Reply by tom sarbeck

FFRF asks NASA to withdraw large religious grant

June 9, 2016The Freedom From Religion Foundation wants NASA to revoke a grant in excess of $1 million to a Christian-focused religious inst…

Started by tom sarbeck

1 Jun 12, 2016
Reply by Loren Miller

Religion's Prohibitions Inhibit Even Long-time Atheists. And Our Inhibitions Consequences...?

Those prohibitions are powerful. Federal Appellate Court Judge Richard A. Posner would agree. Here is the opening paragraph of his book, Se…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 May 17, 2016

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service