All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (228)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

29 Jan 23
Reply by tom sarbeck

We need to fight for our kid's allegiance

Xmas is a holiday for children in which the religious try to sell the kids slavery with a pretty holiday,decorations, songs, wonder etc.  T…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 26, 2015
Reply by Daniel W

An Argument for Talking about Everything, especially Politics, Religion. and Sexuality.

Were the people to rule themselves they would create trust. May they ever have distrust for one another, for as our need for power hurries…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Oct 17, 2015

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

8 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Jerry Wesner

Congress introduces Bill to fund churches as 'essential'

Congress wants to fund churches! Share widely! Take action!https://www.facebook.com/SecularCoalition/photos/a.10151606636827741.434003.2225

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

18 Sep 21, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

Article alert: It's about RELIGION, stupid!

I recommend to all my fellow heretics the cover story of this month's Atlantic.  "What ISIS Really Wants" makes it eminently clear that def…

Started by Alan Perlman

36 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Craigart14

The Varieties of Self-Criticism (by Xians)

"You chose your parents." Having studied science, I once tried to answer that line with reasoned argument, That always failed and, frustrat…

Started by tom sarbeck

20 Aug 13, 2015
Reply by Joan Denoo

It Is Necessary to Trade; It Is Not Necessary to Live.*

The Trade Promotion battle we are now fighting is but one chapter in a long struggle between the few who live to trade and the many who tra…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Aug 2, 2015

Brainwashing is Rampant

Many of us have discussed here how Religion has brainwashed its followers by indoctrination  from infancy onto adulthood..........Young min…

Started by Freethinker31

25 Jun 8, 2015
Reply by Joan Denoo

Nationalism Is A Form of Religion

I knew a guy who quit religion and after being in the Army became a super-patriot. I took a while to understand the change I saw and then t…

Started by tom sarbeck

131 May 6, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service