All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (225)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Congress introduces Bill to fund churches as 'essential'

Congress wants to fund churches! Share widely! Take action!

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

18 Sep 21
Reply by tom sarbeck

Article alert: It's about RELIGION, stupid!

I recommend to all my fellow heretics the cover story of this month's Atlantic.  "What ISIS Really Wants" makes it eminently clear that def…

Started by Alan Perlman

36 Aug 27
Reply by Craigart14

The Varieties of Self-Criticism (by Xians)

"You chose your parents." Having studied science, I once tried to answer that line with reasoned argument, That always failed and, frustrat…

Started by tom sarbeck

20 Aug 13
Reply by Joan Denoo

It Is Necessary to Trade; It Is Not Necessary to Live.*

The Trade Promotion battle we are now fighting is but one chapter in a long struggle between the few who live to trade and the many who tra…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Aug 2

Brainwashing is Rampant

Many of us have discussed here how Religion has brainwashed its followers by indoctrination  from infancy onto adulthood..........Young min…

Started by Freethinker31

25 Jun 8
Reply by Joan Denoo

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 May 26
Reply by jay H

Nationalism Is A Form of Religion

I knew a guy who quit religion and after being in the Army became a super-patriot. I took a while to understand the change I saw and then t…

Started by tom sarbeck

131 May 6
Reply by tom sarbeck

Corporate Nation Under God

In discussions with others on Atheist Nexus, they recommended a site that I find insightful. Genealogy of religion: Explorations in Evoluti…

Started by Joan Denoo

2 May 1
Reply by Gerald Payne

Religous names and Freedom of Association

"Freedom of association is the right to join or leave groups of a person's own choosing" (from Wikipedia) If someone has a religious name…

Started by Ross

0 May 1

Religion and Population in 2050. What is our role?

The Pew Research Center released a new report on expectations for religion in 2050.  It's not that far away, although if I am not fully dea…

Started by Daniel W

20 Apr 17
Reply by sk8eycat

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service