All Discussions Tagged 'religion' (240)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Democracy exempts largest voting blocs - the religions - from its rules

How can the American democracy work at all when it gives exemptions to the institutions that control its largest voting blocs, the religion…

Started by eric stone

17 Mar 21
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Here is one guy we want to keep out of every office in our country

Team Common Good via 4:39 PM (8 hours ago) to me Eric, Ken Cuccinelli is a man of many extreme positions: He tr…

Started by eric stone

0 Mar 9

any insitution that can conduct an inquisition and then hire people to "prove" it didn't has to be the most evil

This sums up why I see no redeeming quality at all in the catholic church.  It has to be the most evil institution that ever existed.

Started by eric stone

30 Mar 8
Reply by Robert Matthew meade

#1 What if we change - Hope in a Changing Climate by John D. Liu

So many things change in our daily lives, an increase in unpredictable weather, mass exstinction of flora and fauna, the adjustment of the…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 Feb 28

We need to fight for our kid's allegiance

Xmas is a holiday for children in which the religious try to sell the kids slavery with a pretty holiday,decorations, songs, wonder etc.  T…

Started by eric stone

10 Dec 26, 2015
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

An Argument for Talking about Everything, especially Politics, Religion. and Sexuality.

Were the people to rule themselves they would create trust. May they ever have distrust for one another, for as our need for power hurries…

Started by tom sarbeck

0 Oct 17, 2015

Do You Cohere? Tightly? Moderately? Loosely?

After you have joined an organization, here the fictional XYZ Society, do you tell your friends: 1. I have joined XYZ. 2. I'm an XYZ member…

Started by tom sarbeck

8 Oct 11, 2015
Reply by Jerry Wesner

Congress introduces Bill to fund churches as 'essential'

Congress wants to fund churches! Share widely! Take action!

Started by LBGT Atheist/Secular Humanist

18 Sep 21, 2015
Reply by tom sarbeck

Article alert: It's about RELIGION, stupid!

I recommend to all my fellow heretics the cover story of this month's Atlantic.  "What ISIS Really Wants" makes it eminently clear that def…

Started by Alan Perlman

36 Aug 27, 2015
Reply by Craigart14

The Varieties of Self-Criticism (by Xians)

"You chose your parents." Having studied science, I once tried to answer that line with reasoned argument, That always failed and, frustrat…

Started by tom sarbeck

20 Aug 13, 2015
Reply by Joan Denoo

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service