All Discussions Tagged 'science' (84)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How-to Books Paved the Way for Science and Secularism -- An Essay by William Eamon at Aeon

This essay could go into science or atheism threads, but it seems of general interest too. Its author says that when the first ‘how-to’ boo…

Started by tom sarbeck

3 Jul 11
Reply by Joan Denoo

How we're taking back the solstice

In our family we celebrate the solstice as a way of having fun, teaching science and showing others just where the winter holidays come fro…

Started by eric stone

6 Dec 21, 2015
Reply by eric stone

Our freethought display for solstice 2015

The Rossmoor Atheist Club today erected their annual freethought display (see attached) on Rossmoor Parkway as part of our winter  solstic…

Started by eric stone

28 Dec 18, 2015
Reply by Gerald Payne

I found a neat book to teach kids the basics of Evolution

I'm always looking to keep my kiddos inspired, and I think education is a big part of that. Who agrees? Just found a neat and adorable kid'…

Started by Milton

1 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Michael Penn

Louisiana's Science Education Act Is A Global Embarrassment For America!

Louisiana has it's Science Education Act that allows stupidity, like Creationism into the classroom. While America's Scientific Educatio…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

21 Jul 18, 2015
Reply by Dyslexic's DOG

Great new bumper sticker idea

Started by eric stone

1 Mar 18, 2015
Reply by Patricia

Transhumanist Non-Theist here!

Greetings to all! I go by many names but right now you can call me Aeon. I am a non binary / cyborg gendered Transhumanist non-theist. I l…

Started by Aeon Babel-VI

1 Mar 15, 2015
Reply by Daniel Wachenheim

Our new freethought banner of the web of human knowledge

We tried to depict the fantastic web of human knowledge that the enlightenment spawned in the last 400 years.  As is obvious from the above…

Started by eric stone

4 Dec 15, 2014
Reply by tom sarbeck

Richard Dawkins speaks to a Hasidic rabbi on religious day schools and evolution

(Warning: there's a loud noise at 0:48. Be careful if you're wearing earphones!) Richard Dawkins speaks strongly about young-Earth-crea…

Started by Grinning Cat

6 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by Grinning Cat

Science vs Religion

Most of us are quite  critical of religion, including myself........However, I do feel that religion and science  can co-exist.............…

Started by Freethinker31

1 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by Dr. Allan H. Clark

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service