All Discussions Tagged 'science' (80)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thoughts on Science and Religion

Religion and Science     On the following site the religionist apologists show that lots of great scientists were either catholic, protesta…

Started by eric stone

0 Jan 9, 2011

Nice to be among the faithless faithful.

Since completing my first book about a year ago I have been searching for a outlet to get it recognized and maybe even published. It is Cal…

Started by Thomas True

0 Oct 27, 2010

vaulting the is/ought barrier

i have a theory that it is possible to root our moral value statements in the soil of reason by identifying one goal that is not just commo…

Started by kfrancist

22 Oct 26, 2010
Reply by Edward Teach

progress, science and "one god"

This particular thread could have gone in the science one as well, I suppose, but it ended up here.  This is something I read today in Poul…

Started by Sandra Stott

3 Sep 9, 2010
Reply by John D

Asking advice on a physical community of reason

Recently some thoughts that had occurred to me after reaching the conclusion that if one doesn't believe in an afterlife, then what more no…

Started by James Tyrrell

0 Aug 22, 2010

"Science" on US currency

Once upon a time (specifically, 1896) US paper currency not only didn't feature the motto "In God We Trust", but it featured a pictoral rep…

Started by FreeThinker

2 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Goz

Cool Atheist/Science Stuff to wear.

Hey whaddya know - not a rant!It's my birthday at the end of the month, figured I might get a new atheist / science based t-shirt.I've alre…

Started by Richard Healy

3 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by A Former Member

Bill Nye the Science Guy receives top humanist award in San Jose

On Sunday, June 6, the man known to millions of children as Bill Nye the Science Guy, will be named the American Humanist Association's 201…

Started by Hugh Kramer

6 Jun 4, 2010
Reply by sacha

Hello there, nice to be here :)

I have recently become more and more aware that I am not "just" a non-theist I am actively non-theistic and I while on the whole I don't mi…

Started by James Tyrrell

9 May 19, 2010
Reply by Jaume

Movie: The Scientist (2010)

I just watched a movie trailer on the Apple website for an upcoming movie titled 'The Scientist'. The premise of the movie is an exploratio…

Started by Tom Thompson

12 May 15, 2010
Reply by Ray

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service