All Discussions Tagged 'separation' (21)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

America's founding moment brought a society newly freed from religion. What went wrong?

An essay with quotes by Jefferson and Madison, the Protestant origin of the word secular, and more that may be helpful when talking to thei…

Started by tom sarbeck

10 yesterday
Reply by Michael Penn

Erecting the "wall of separation between church and state," therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society.

I ran across this in my browsing; I like the clarity of Jefferson's writing. I just wish he had not thought of African Americans as slaves…

Started by Joan Denoo

0 on Sunday

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court, By Lawrence M. Krauss, February 18, 2016, The New Yorker

Put an Atheist on the Supreme Court I am a strong supporter of separation of church and state. The Court's members at the present time, all…

Started by Joan Denoo

15 Feb 21
Reply by Loren Miller

Delusional Farkwit, Dr. Ben Carson, Telling Blatant Lies, Yet Again.

For a politician and retired surgeon who told public television that the one thing he will never do is Lie, he is back telling more lies to…

Started by Dyslexic's DOG

6 Feb 3
Reply by Michael Penn

Advice to secular parents for religious holidays and kids from a wise secular mom

This might be a duplicate if the first one is restored: The attached are 20 pp from a book by a wise and thoughtful secular mom on how to…

Started by eric stone

1 Jan 31
Reply by jay H

Taxpayer Support for FBOs (faith-based organizations)...again

Check out the Freedom from Religion Foundation's comment on President Obama's too-weak improvement on Bush 43's pandering regulation. http…

Started by tom sarbeck

5 Sep 6, 2015
Reply by Daniel W

Rick Santorum rears his ugly head

Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.), who’s reportedly gearing up for another Republican presidential campaign, told a right-wing audience thi…

Started by eric stone

24 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by eric stone

A Family Quandary: Should I speak up or stay silent?

Hey fellow nontheists, First an apology for being so inactive these past several month. I've been participating in a lot of nontheist comm…

Started by Nate Wynd

3 Apr 22, 2013
Reply by Greg

City of Oakland, California - Displays Ten Commandments at Public Property Zoo

I sent a Letter of Demand to the City of Oakland to remove this monument. Demand to City of Oakland re: 10 Commandments Letter to City o…

Started by Joey Piscitelli

38 Jun 16, 2012
Reply by Joey Piscitelli

Get the word out on FB/Twitter about Florida & Prop 8 (2012)

If you live in Florida, please learn more about Prop 8 which you will vote on this Fall, and just say NO to another way to spend your tax…

Started by debzilla

0 Jun 10, 2012

RSS

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service